9

___________________________________

Flashbacks

- - - - - - - - - -

They've finally arrived at the convenience store. The door was left open with nobody's presence inside.

The first to go in was Clyden, their leader, and Zielle, the bravest among them. They checked every corner of the store, making sure no one was inside. Luckily, they saw none, not a single human being or an infected zombie. Cly signaled the rest to follow inside. Last to go in was Hiro who made sure to block the entrance in case any zombies tries to get in.

Inside the store was dark with also no electricity. The only source of light they have was the sun shining through the glass wall.

Each of them looked around inside. It was a mess. There were loads of food wasted scattered all over the ground, crushed and filled with blood.

Chandra being her hungry self, immediately went to the chips sections, searching for her favorite chips. At the very far bottom corner, she saw it. Her lips formed into a smile with excitement filling her in. As she was about to grab it, someone else took it, beating her into it.

Her smile faded. It was the last one.

Her eyes followed the person's hand and saw that it was Gabriel's.

Chandra's POV:

My eyes followed the chips as Gabriel left with them in his hands.

That was supposed to be mine! I saw it first!

I followed him as he sat on the ground, opening the bag before he starts to munch on them. I sat there, drooling.

"Hey, Gab, can I--"

"No."

"But I saw it first!"

"Well, you were too slow. I had it first."

"Come on, please!" I extended my hand, trying to get at least one piece of chip.

"I said no! Go find something else!" He took the chip away from my reach.

I glared at him before leaving.

Looking at the shelves of food, I just grabbed the first thing that I laid my eyes on. A loaf of bread.

I wasn't in the mood anymore. I opened it before eating and chewing on it aggressively.

Third POV:

As everyone grab food for themselves, Calli was in front of the fridge. She grabbed two bottles of juice with completely different flavors. Peach and Lemon. Two flavors that are completely different from each other. Peach was her favorite while lemon was Hiro's.