17

___________________________________

Finding a ride

- - - - - - - - - -

"So, how on earth do we get there before Wednesday?"

It was still early in the morning, but they were already discussing a way they can get to the safe zone, fast.

"The easiest and fastest way for us is to find a car or any transportation to get there." Cly said, answering Sky's question.

"Okay so, where do we find a car?" He asked again. "Most cars that I saw in the streets were either broken and burned or doesn't have a key at all."

"That wouldn't be a problem. Gab knows how to start a car without a key."

"You do?" Chandra asked Gab, surprised.

"Well, I mean, I guess?"

"Wait, if you know those things, then that means your a carnapper."

"What? No! I just learned it from my dad. He knows a lot about cars." He denied.

"Sure...?"

"Okay then, get ready. We're gonna find ourselves a ride." Zielle stood up.

- - - - - - - - - -

After minutes of preparing, they had already put on their protective gear once again and finished packing some supplies. They had emptied their own school bags and used them to put all the necessary things that they'll need while they're on their journey. Soon, they all left the basement and were now standing in front of the door.

"We're going out again...I just hope no one gets left behind again." Chandra said, mumbling the last sentence.

"Don't jinx it."  Sky said.

Zielle and Gab removed some of the things that were blocking the door while the rest were behind. Slowly peaking to the door, luckily, there was nothing but the filthy street seen. Gab showed them a thumbs up, telling them that the coast was clear.

The first to exit were Zielle and Gab then the others followed. Looking at the street, all there was seen were cars that crashed into each other, light poles that were knocked down, and blood all over the place.

There were no signs of zombies at all.

"That's weird...Yesterday, it was all chaos, but now, it's quiet?" Sky spoke.

They proceeded to walk forward into the street while tightly holding onto their weapons. Minutes into walking and looking around, they still haven't found a car that was in good condition for them to use, and still no sign of zombies anywhere.