37

___________________________________

Nurse Stella

- - - - - - - - - -

Sitting on a plain hospital bed, head leaning on the headboard as she just stared at the ceiling with hands crossed, bored. She was now in a quarantine room. The room was bland with little to no furniture. There was only a bed that had a thin, uncomfortable cushion with one hard pillow and a dusty bedside table. There were also no windows and the only way in and out was the door.

Staying here for 2 hours now was testing her patience as they also took all of her things, including her signature weapon.

As she looked around the room, observing, she noticed a camera in the corner above. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Are they spying on me?"

Suddenly, the door opened. She took off her gaze from the camera and turned it to the person that had just entered.

"Ally."

It was Lieutenant Colonel Kim. He closed the door and walked to her figure, sitting down on the edge of the bed. She just stared at his presence as she fixed her position, crossing her legs and scooting away farther from him.

"Don't call me that ever again."

"Why? Isn't that your name? Ally, Allyshana?"

"It's Alice."

"Okay. Sure." He nodded. "Do you remember me?"

"Of course. Very clearly."

He then leaned closer, still leaving a wide gap. They both stared straight into each other's eyes, tension building.

"So...you remember when we used to date?"

"Ah, yes. How could I forget? 5 years ago, I was 18, you were 25, at the military boot camp. That just lasted for 5 months. That didn't mean anything, Kaycee."

"Ouch. Thank you, that hurts." He held his chest. 

She just rolled her eyes as he laughed after, leaning away as he fiddled with his fingers.

"That guy named Jacob, is he your boyfriend?"

She glanced at him blankly, arms crossed again.

"Well, it's not that I care. It's just because he kept calling your name and calling you names, like 'babe', 'love', 'baby', and other shitty endearments."

"Ex-boyfriend. He's a traitor."

"How come?"