30

___________________________________

Stuck with you

- - - - - - - - - -

"Okay. Me and Crystal will go straight, Clyden and you go right, you other two go left." Aki instructed.

"Alright then. Let's meet each other after an hour." Clyden said.

"I don't have a watch." Gab interrupted.

"Is that supposed to be my problem? Just...count with your mind."

"Bold of you to assume that he has even a brain." Zielle commented.

Gab scoffed in annoyance. "Can I just go alone?"

"No." Cly disapproved.

The boy just sighed. "So, I'm stuck with her?"

"Why? Aren't you grateful? She's the strongest in the pack." Sky said.

"Then, why don't you have her?"

"No thanks, I'll just stick with Cly."

Gab rolled his eyes. 

They then began to part ways, going in their assigned directions. Gabriel and Zielle walked to the left, looking around while ignoring each other's presence.

As they walked farther away from the rest, the quieter their surroundings got. After minutes of wandering around, not even a single eye contact was made and their distance from each other was more than 2 meters.

Gab stole a quick glance at the girl before thinking if he should talk to her, or what. He just sighed.

"Is, uh...your head...okay?"

Zielle looked at him. "Yeah, it's fine now, I guess..."

He just nodded. The silence after was very awkward. Both of them would look everywhere except each other's eyes. Gab bit his lower lip as he tried to think of something to say.

"Do you still hate me?" His sudden words caught her off guard.

She chuckled. "'Hate' is a big word, Gabriel. Let's just say that I disliked you after...that."

He looked down in shame.

"Look, I'm not mad. I never was. I was just...disappointed. I never thought that you'd be that kind of person."

"I was an asshole, yeah, I get it."

"You were and you still are." She chuckled. "But to just make things clear, I never loved you. My stupid, childish heart was just so curious about what was like to be in love and shit."