26

___________________________________

She's alive

- - - - - - - - - -

"Estella?!"

They all stood there, shocked. All of them looked like they'd seen a ghost because of the girl standing right in front of them.

She was alive. When they all thought that they've lost her, she was here, standing, looking fine and healthy and not infected at all. She now is also wearing different clothes and not the filthy school uniform that was filled with blood and dirt.

"H-how on earth...are you here?!" Gab shouted. "We thought you were gone!"

She walked forward to them. Calli then ran to her and hugged her tightly while crying and sobbing. Estell then smiled and hugged her back. They've missed each other.

"You're alive..." Calli spoke as her sobs continued, already soaking Estell's clothing.

~~Flashbacks~~

"Yeah, okay." Calli took the flashlight before her and Estell walked off to the deep, dark forest.

They started to pick twigs as they walked side by side. It was quiet, and only the sound of crickets chirping, owls hooting, and bushes and leaves blowing in the cooling wind.

As Calli goes leaned down to get more, Estell looked at her and started to talk.

"Do you hate me?"

Calli stopped and looked at her, confused by the sudden question.

"What are you talking about?"

"Do you hate me?" She just asked again.

"Estella, n-no, never."

"But you said it yourself."

"Huh?"

"When we played a game. Zielle asked you who you hate the most, and you said my name." She explained.

"I-" Words couldn't come out of her mouth.

"Why, Callista? What did I do to you?"

"Sorry. It's just that...you have everything that I've always wanted, you and Jule. The grades, the attention, the things that I want, the boy that I love..."