35

___________________________________

The betrayal

- - - - - - - - - -

"Everyone set?"

"Yeah. Everything's settled. Weapons, food, water, first aid, extra clothes, they're all good." Gio announced.

"Great. Is everyone ready?"

They all looked at each other before looking at her again.

"More than prepared, Boss." Raya answered, holding her pink katana, watching the reflection of her eyes on the sharp, shiny blade.

Everyone was keeping a firm grip on their weapon. As usual, Alice was using her signature weapon, the bat. Gio had his personalized shotgun, Estell and Jule with their bat but with a little upgrade by adding a few nails onto it just like Alice's, and for the others, they used their guns from Aki.

Alice also gave Ika a steel dagger with a heart-shaped hole next to the purple handle to protect her just in case.

Meanwhile, Jacob was still nowhere to be found. His team just thought maybe he was cooling off his mind.

After everyone had prepared, it was time to finally escape this hole of satan.

"Let's go."

Alice walked to the double door of the room to unlock it. Expecting it to open, her face dropped when it didn't. she furrowed her eyebrows, confused as she attempted again. Still no.

"Huh?"

"Is there a problem, Boss?"

"It won't open."

"I'm sorry, what? How?" Gio walked closer.

"I don't know. It just won't open." She grunted as she kept trying to push it open.

Gio then kicked it to help, but still no result.

"Did someone lock us in?" Zielle spoke from behind.

Everyone went dead silent, confused as to why would someone even trap them inside. What was the reason?

"Jacob..." His name slipped out of Alice's mouth. It was definitely him. No one else.

"It seems like he used chains to lock the doors." Gio informed.

Alice looked down, blood starting to boil in anger after getting betrayed by her partner. Well, ex-partner.

"Fuck!" 

She let out a loud cuss, making everyone in the room flinch. No one spoke a word as she went wild and insane out of anger. Of course he would betray them, he never accepts defeat and is full of selfishness. He would always put himself first before anyone else, even if that meant leaving them behind.