34

___________________________________

Their story

- - - - - - - - - -

Loud, aggressive door shutting echoed through the room as everyone turns their focus on the three that just got back.

All of them witnessed Alice's furious face as she sat down on one of the chairs, putting her head down on the table in front as she tried to clear off her mind.

"Everyone, be quiet. She's not Alice right now. She's the queen of hearts. You know, like 'OFF WITH YOUR HEADS'" Raya whispered to them as she sat down on the couch on the other side of the room.

"Okay, shut up. We get it." Gio said back, sitting down next to her.

Everyone was there sitting down on one long L-shaped sofa, awkwardly quiet with just a few whispers here and there.

"Um, hi. I'm Crystal." The girl beside Gio spoke, offering a hand.

"I'm G--"

"Hi. I'm Hiraya, but you can call me Raya." The younger girl barged into the scene, taking Crystal's hand before Gio got the chance.

Crystal smiled at her as they shook her hands. She then introduced her other classmate to the two. 

"Wait. How old are you two? You both look too young to be criminals." Sky gave them a sudden question.

"How did you know we're criminals?" Raya went closer to whisper, eyebrows furrowed.

"Alice told us you all stole a boat."

"Oh, yeah, we did." She said with all proudness. "I'm 16. Gio's 19."

"Damn, I'm still older."

"See, told you you're an old man." Once again, Gab took the chance to tease his older friend.

"And I also told you that you should shut your mouth."

This time it was now Zielle's turn to ask. "How did you end up in this lifestyle?"

"The two of us came from an orphanage but we eventually planned to escape after they continued to treat us like shit." Gio explained.

"Then, we started to be pickpockets, stealing people's money and things just to afford food and other shits. That continued till one time we tried to steal someone's wallet. Alice's wallet. She caught us, and we thought that was the end for us and we'll get thrown back into some hell. But no. She took us to her place instead. She took care of us, fed us, gave us what we needed, and loved us. She acted like our mother, even if she was only 18 back then."

"We owe a lot to her. At the time we hit rock bottom, she was there to bring us back up again. A simple thanks won't be enough to make it up to her. That's why ever since then, we worked for her, followed her plans of taking revenge on her father."