25

___________________________________

The Esquivel Duo

- - - - - - - - - -

~~Flashbacks~~

3:00 PM
Day of the apocalypse - East Villa Velian

"Kuya!" The little girl ran to her older brother who was waiting for her by the school gate. He took her backpack and carried it on one arm while the other held her hand.

"How's school? Did that kid Hugo mess with you again?"

"It was good! I kicked him in the no no square when no teacher was watching!" Ika said with all proudness.

Aki chuckled. "That's right. Make sure he won't mess with you ever again."

They continued to talk about her day as they both walk back home. When they arrived, Ika noticed the house was empty again.

"Where's mom and dad?" She asked as she sat down on the soft bean bag.

"They left earlier to go to Artessa for some important business." Aki said as he walked to the kitchen.

"They didn't even tell me..." The little girl pouted, a little upset. Their parents were never around.

Aki smiled at her reaction before giving her a glass of her favorite chocolate drink, sitting on the long sofa beside her.

"Wanna watch something? Monster High?" Aki asked.

"I'm not a kid anymore." She continued to pout while staring at the cup she was holding.

"Musika, you're 9."

"Exactly. Old enough for you to teach me those cool things that you do."

"I'm not letting you hold a gun when your hands are barely big enough to hold it properly."

"Well, that's unfair. You started using those when you were also 9." She crossed her arms around chess.

"Well, that was different. I had a professional trainer, you don't."

"You're my professional trainer." She just continued to talk back.

"Ok, fine. I promise to teach you when you turn 12, till then you'll stop bothering about that topic. Deal?"

"But that's 3 years away!"

"Well, it's that or never."