Summer Camp

Requested by africkenfricker here's your second request. I imagine Bendy would be much like a shark sort of mermaid, Y'know with sharp teeth and many fins.

Henry's parents decided they'd help him get human friends instead of playing only with his dog and ignoring the rest of civilization, and they did this by sending him to a summer camp where he would have no choice but to interact with other kids. That's when the teenage boy's anxiety kicked in and he wasn't sure if he'd make it alone with all these other sixteen year olds, all of them already having friends. He would be singled out whether he could help it or not.
It was no shocker when by the end of Henry's first day, he hadn't said a word to anybody, or even looked at any body. Nobody said a word to him either. Henry didn't mind though, he would much rather watch the squirrels scurry up trees, or the fish chase bugs that fell onto the surface of the lake.
One thing poor Henry hadn't taken into consideration was that the lone kid, him, would most likely be the kid to get picked on. He didn't really care though, but it did make him feel quite lonely. Henry wished he had a friend, but one that understood him, one that liked him for him.
During free time for the campers, Henry went off to the doc of the lake alone and sat down, a sketch book in his lap. He liked drawing things whenever he could, and began sketching some fish he saw swimming around and chasing bugs that fell onto the surface of the water.
Bigger ripples started waving across the lake and towards Henry, but the boy didn't notice, too focused on his drawing. Something moved towards him underneath the doc, a big shadow. Still, Henry took no notice.
An unknown force shook the doc, causing it to buck Henry onto his back. He noticed now. The human sat up again, watching the lake for any sign of what made the doc do that. Nothing was there.
Curious, Henry carefully placed his book back on the grassy shore, and went to the end of the doc to lean over and peer into the teal tinged lake water. The black eye another kid has given him yesterday was not helping him at all, even if he was wearing his glasses.
He thought he saw the flicker of maybe a tail? Perhaps it was just the shadows of a few fish, or some seaweed. More big ripples went up and the tail flicked again, making Henry's curiosity grow. Was that a shark tail? Did a shark somehow get into the lake?
Knowing a few streams came in from rivers into the lake, Henry knew it was possible. But the tail was black, and even black tipped sharks weren't actually black completely. No sharks this size he could think of were. Henry sat on his hind legs, thinking of what else it could be, when the doc gave another lurch and he was plunged head first into the water.
Panicking slightly, Henry froze and stared through blurry eyes. His glasses were gone, and being underwater made his vision so much worse. If a shark was there, he wouldn't know. He was basically blind, huge globs of coloured shapes were all he saw.
He needed air. Hoping he wouldn't be attacked by moving too suddenly, Henry swam upwards and broke the surface, taking in a deep breath of air and panting as he tried to quickly swim to what he was pretty sure was the doc.
He reached his hand out to touch it to make sure, but something, a black blob, popped out of the water in front of him and his hand hit that instead. Henry reeled backwards with a yelp and splashed as he almost sank back into the water. He felt a hand grab the front of his shirt and pull him forwards.
Henry shut his eyes tight, thinking this was it, the shark was going to eat him and he'd be dead. Wait. Sharks don't have hands. Henry felt something slim slide onto his face, and he opened his eyes again, or at least the eye that worked, and saw clearly what was in front of him, now holding him by the shoulders.
It was unmistakably, not a shark. Or any type of fish Henry had seen before for that matter. It was some sort of mermaid looking creature. The bottom half was a shark-like fish body, but the top half wasn't human at all. It looked more like some sort of demon with its dripping horned head.
The demon moved his hands to under Henry's arms, and held him up a bit more, much like a toddler. He examined the human, and Henry didn't know whether to feel scared or curious. He took a good look at the creature as it looked at him. It's grin seemed to widen when it noticed Henry gazing at him.
It made a chirrup noise, tilting its head. Henry stared blankly at it, wondering if it spoke at all. It continued speaking different noises and possibly human languages. "English?" It asked eventually after what Henry assumed was Greek.
"You speak English?" Henry gasped, seeming to startle the merdemon a bit. It grinned bigger once figuring out what language Henry spoke.
"I can speak tons of languages, I used to live in the ocean near humans and they spoke all sorts of languages. I also speak with some sea creatures." The demon explained.
"Huh...I'm sorry to sound rude, but what exactly are you?" Henry asked, becoming slightly nervous. The thing didn't appear to be hostile at the moment, but he had sharp teeth and looked carnivorous.
"Dunno, all I do know is that I think I'm the only one of whatever I am. I kinda look like a siren, but I don't fit in with those prissy bitches. Tried to befriend some once, they screamed at me and attacked so I ripped off a few limbs and swam away." The merdemon shrugged.
"I do have a name though, Bendy. What about you? What's your name? Are you a child human? You're kinda small for an adult..." Bendy said, tilting Henry at and angle to look at his side profile.
"Uh, I'm Henry. And I'm not an adult, I'm almost though. I'm sixteen." Henry said anxiously, gently putting his hands on Bendy's arms and trying to push away.
"Hey!" Bendy suddenly growled, grin turning down into a sudden frown. Henry froze, thinking he had somehow screwed up by moving so slightly. "What happened to your eye? Why would somebody hurt such a pretty human?" Bendy demanded, dropping Henry back into the water and holding his face to look at his black eye.
"Err..." Henry said, voice muffled because of the merdemon squishing his cheeks. "Shom other kis." He attempted to say. Bendy let his face go. "Some other kids." Henry repeated, rubbing what might have been ink from his cheek. His head fell under the water for a moment as he attempted to touch the bottom of the lake and failed.
He felt a tail wrap around his thighs and back, pulling him up so his head was above the water. "It's fine though, I don't mind it." Henry shrugged, gingerly touching his injured eye. The tail tightened around him, almost possessively.
"If I had legs I'd show 'em a thing or two about real pain." Bendy hissed. They heard voices coming over and Bendy quickly plopped a soaking wet Henry onto the doc, then ducked underneath the water with a small splash. Henry clumsily stood up, wringing out the hem of his shirt and shorts.
"Why're you soaked, Stein? Fall in the lake?" Someone shouted. Henry reluctantly looked over to see the group of kids who had previously beat him up.
"Yeah, it was refreshing." Henry responded, wiping his sopping brown hair from his eyes and glasses. The kid scoffed and crossed his arms. It was a silent stare off, Henry on one side near the edge of the doc, and the three kids on the other side, all glaring at each other.
One of the kids suddenly lunged at Henry, but this time he was ready. The kid tried pushing him back into the lake, but Henry dragged him in too. A splash went up into the air, showering the other two with water and soaking them as well. As Henry and one of the bullies thrashed around in the water, punching and kicking and scratching, Bendy floated under the doc and watched for a moment before wrapping his tail around Henry and pulling him under the air of the doc.
He then grabbed the other kid and flung him roughly back onto the doc, listing with satisfaction at the long scraping sound the kid made as he slid face first along the doc, most likely getting a face full of wood burn and slivers.
"Let's give 'em a good scare." Bendy hissed in Henry's ear, then pushed him out in front of the doc again, in sight of the three bullies. The two who were not unconscious and bleeding stared down at him in bewilderment.
"How'd you do that?!" One kid demanded, looking scared no matter how hard she tried to hide it. Henry quickly thought up a lie.
"You don't actually think I did that, do you?" He asked, hands holding onto the edge of the doc and glancing behind him in the water. "I was down here because I saw a shark. They sometimes get caught up in rivers that are connected to lakes by streams while they're migrating to warmer ocean water, and that's why there's a shark in here." Henry lied, hauling himself onto the doc.
The two kids looked at him, looked at each other, then ran, snatching up their friend as they went. Henry gave a small 'hah!' of triumph before hissing in pain when he touched his lower arm. He had a wide cut, blood staining his skin around it. Bendy popped up out of the water again, grinning. "Thanks." Henry smiled at him.
Bendy tried pulling himself onto the doc, but his long tail and lack of legs made it quite difficult. Henry crouched down and grabbed his hands, helping him up. Bendy's tail have a final slap to the lake before he managed to get up, and sat with his tail swishing around in the water. Henry sat down beside him.
The sun was beginning to set. Bendy glanced at his cut open arm for a moment before using his tail to bring seaweed up, and tied the water plant around his bleeding cut. Henry stared down at it for a moment before bursting into laughter. Bendy tilted his head in slight confusion.
"Seaweed can't heal humans, Bendy, but I appreciate the gesture." Henry smiled, looking at the merdemon fondly. Bendy grinned back and laid his tail around the bottom of Henry's legs. The human almost absentmindedly leaned against Bendy's shoulder, the two watching as the sun set.

Ay- I'm camping while I wrote this. The other day I was backing out of a parking spot and this motherfucker drove his loud ass truck and parked it illegally right behind the car I was driving (my moms car) like a few inches behind it. If I weren't so socially awkward I would've verbally abused that man instead of waiting for him to move while my sister yelled at him from the back. Moral of story: not all Canadians are nice.