Sharp Like a Thorn

Jally requested by @TheFaithfulOne   
I figured out what angel kisses are today- my friend looked at me today, noticed I had freckles and said "When did you get assaulted by an angel?"
Anyways, his girlfriend got mad he was being rude and told him to not, but I thought it was funny.

    Wally Franks and Jack Fain had been best friends since the studio had started, but that didn't mean it would always be that way. One evening of an overly exhausted Jack and a hyper Wally changed that. All during the week, Jack had been working late, and he had never felt so tired in his life. It was Friday now, only an hour until work ended. The tired lyricist did not intend on working late that night, and was stressfully focused on finishing his job. Jack glanced at the clock that hung on the wall, the bendy shaped arms and legs swinging back and forth as it ticked away. Only an hour left until work ended, so that was all he had.
Jack hated working late. Sometimes the lights got all shut off or the doors locked when someone was still working because Joey often forgot about them. A cheerful knock sounded on his door, and Jack ignored it. A few seconds, and the person knocked again. "Go away." Jack slid his hand into his hair, and chewed on his lip while he thought. The knock came again, and he stood up, slamming his pen against the desk. He marched angrily over to his door before throwing it open. "What." He growled, glaring at the person who had been knocking. Wally stood, his hands behind his back.
"Hiya, Jack. Mind if I talk to ya for a minute?" Wally asked, tilting his head. He was acting a bit more odd than usual, which Jack would have noticed if he weren't so riled up.
"I don't have time, Wally. Talk tomorrow, I have to finish this." Jack turned and went back to his desk, picking up his pen and sitting down.
"It'll only take a minute. I just really wanted to ask you something." Wally took a few tentative steps towards his friend, hands still held behind his back. Jack would have noticed this if he weren't so stressed.
"Wally, I said tomorrow," Jack huffed, glaring down at his paper.
"Just one minute?" Wally had a nervous aura about him. Maybe Jack would have caught on to that if he weren't trying to ignore Wally so hard.
"Out." Jack pointed to the door.
"It'll be quick-"
"WALLY!" Jack stood, slamming his hands onto his desk. "I fucking told you, I'm busy! Go annoy the fuck out of someone else for once, or are you so set on trying to piss me off today?"
Wally didn't say anything, but gazed over at the lyricist with a hurt expression on his face. "Right. Didn't mean to be a pest. Sorry." He walked over to Jack's desk, tossed something onto it, then walked back out. As he was going through the door, he looked over his shoulder to say "happy Valentine's Day, Jack."
Jack rose an eyebrow at that last comment. It was Valentine's Day? He had no idea. He looked down and saw on his desk a bunch of roses, and a note. Hesitantly, he picked up the note. His name was written on it in the janitors messy writing, a little heart drawn next to it. Jack felt a bad feeling rise up in his chest as he unfolded it, and read.

Jack

I hope it's not too weird that your friend got you flowers for Valentine's Day, but I thought you deserved them because you're always so nice to me. I also thought today would be a good day to tell you something. I just wanted you to know how much you mean to me. You're as sharp as a thorn and as lovely as a petal, and I hoped you'd possibly like to go out with me tomorrow night? If it's too weird, that's okay, but I wanted you to know how much I love you.

-Wally

Jack gently placed the note down on the desk and stared at it for a while. Hot shame and horrible guilt began piling up in his gut, and he sighed. He had lost his temper at the absolute worst time. Wally probably hated him now. Jack glanced at the clock. Work ended in a few minutes. Looked like he was working late today. He pushed his chair back and ran out the door, hoping to catch the janitor before he left work for the day. He managed to catch him right at the front door. As Wally reached for the handle, Jack took hold of his hands and turned him around to face the lyricist.
Wally said nothing, just stared into the other's eyes with that still hurt look. "Wally, I'm sorry I yelled at you. I didn't mean anything by it, I've just been really stressed and well...I didn't expect you'd be hurt anyways, because whenever anybody else says something like that to you, you always just brush it off and keep talking," Jack said, holding Wally's hands gently in his own. His hands were cold, and surprisingly soft.
"It doesn't really bother me when anybody else says it cuz I don't care what they think. It only upsets me when you say stuff like that cuz I actually care what you think." Wally looked down, his cheeks red. Jack smiled, and without a second thought he leaned down to kiss the janitor on the cheek.
"Well, I didn't mean anything bad. And thanks for the flowers. I didn't know it was Valentine's Day, I guess I've been so busy this week, I'd forgotten."
Wally was grinning now, his face so red that his freckles vividly stood out. "I don't blame ya. Joey's always makin' people work too hard."
"Mhmm. Hey uh...so about that note? Are you still free after work tomorrow?" Jack asked. The janitor grinned, nodding his head. "Right. Ah-I should go finish my work then, but I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"
"Alright. See ya later."
Before Wally left out the front door, he hugged the lyricist. Jack smiled through a red face as he watched Wally leave the studio, before remembering with a start that the more he stared, the more time he was stuck in the studio working.

Heya, it's been a while...almost seven months to be exact. Uh...whoever's still alive and reading this, here ya are.