Dead

Requested by LittleDemon55

    Every loop was the same. Henry got chased and killed by Bendy multiple times, then he reset the loop and they did it all over again. That was, until one day it all changed. Henry didn't respawn when Bendy killed him. He was gone. At first, Bendy thought maybe he had somehow came up on a different statue than when he usually respawned at the nearest one, but he quickly learned after seeing Henry's dead body still on the ground that the animator was dead. Dead and gone. Panic began to rise inside the demon's chest, and he fell to his knees beside the animator's body.
He pulled the limp man into his lap, trying to remember years ago what Henry had taught him on how to tell if a human was alive. It didn't take very long for Bendy to be certain that this was not a lively human. Henry, for the first time, had actually died.
-
This was new. This dim glowing blue light beyond Henry's closed eyelids. Maybe something changed. Was he finally free? Did he actually die? He felt as if he were floating. His body no longer ached, and he didn't feel tired. He hadn't felt like this since he was a child. The animator forced open his eyes, and saw he actually was floating. He was a strange transparent blue colour. How odd. Henry was certain he didn't look like blueberry jello before the last time Bendy killed him. He was momentarily distracted form his confusion when he heard someone loudly sobbing from another room.
Wondering who was crying, Henry tried to make his way over to them. It took him a few struggling minutes to figure out that it was now easier to fly than to walk, so he did that instead. He stopped around the corner of the room and peered into it to see Bendy on the floor, holding a man very close to his chest and crying. A man? Was Henry not the only human down here? He suddenly recognized the ink stained clothes and messy hair. It was him! But how? It made no sense. Henry looked down at his glowing blue self again and it suddenly hit him. He had died.
After all that wishing to be free, to get out, or even to die, he finally did and yet...he was still trapped here. Then he had another strange thought come to mind as he watched the grieving demon. Why was Bendy sad? Didn't he want Henry dead? Why else was he trying so hard to murder him so many times? Nothing made sense anymore. He'd been stuck down here for too long. They all have. Watching Bendy sob his heart out over his dead body made Henry feel sorry for the demon, no matter how many times he killed the animator. It reminded him of earlier days when Bendy got upset over something more often than not that Alice had said to him.
Whenever this happened, Henry would always comfort the demon with a hug and tell him she didn't really mean it, even though she probably did. Henry sighed and floated over to Bendy, wondering if he would even see him now that he's a ghost. "Bendy?" Henry tried. The demon's head whipped to the side and he stared at the ghost.
"Henry?! You're a..." Bendy trailed off and let the corpse slide off his lap and into a puddle of ink. Henry's body suddenly exploded into ink, much like beings down here when they actually died.
"I guess I'm dead now. Why were you crying? I thought you wanted to kill me."
"I...I didn't wanna actually kill ya! B-But this time ya didn't respawn an' I thought you were gonna be gone for good!" Bendy cried, inky tears running down his face. Henry swooped over, and wrapped his arms around the demon.
"I have some confusion and questions about that, but right now just calm down, okay bud? Sure, I'm a ghost now, but I'm still here because the universe wants to spite me. Please don't cry, you know I hate seeing you sad. Just calm down..." Henry gently pet the demon's inky horns, holding him closely, and for the first time since he got back at the studio, he felt a little bit okay. He had Bendy back now, and that made Henry feel like he could keep sane as long as it stayed that way.