Cuddles (Sammy x Norman)

Sammy had been tired and over working lately, and his best friend, Norman, had started to get worried. He walked up to the working musician one day and gently poked his shoulder.
Sammy jumped. "What do you want?" He asked. Norman flinched back at Sammy's snappy attitude. Ever since he's been getting this stressed he's been acting super closed up, short tempered, and would yell at anyone that disturbed him.
"I have something really important to talk to you about." Norman said. "This better be important because I'm really busy." Sammy sighed.
"This is the most important thing I'll ever say, you need rest." Norman said. Sammy stared at him blankly for a few seconds.
"Please leave so I can do my work." He turned back around. Norman wasn't going to give up that easily. "C'mon Sam, you need some rest you've been overworking." Norman poked Sammy's shoulder. Sammy retaliated glaring at him.
"I said I'm busy if you must be so annoying then just leave! I'm trying to do work and I can't when you won't stop pestering me, get out and don't come back!" Sammy yelled.
Norman flinched. "I'm sorry." He muttered. He felt hurt at Sammy's words and just turned to leave. Sammy glared after him.
A while after Norman had left, Sammy started to feel guilty. He didn't mean to yell at Norman, he was just really stressed.
He decided he should probably find him and apologize before it was too late and he really did stay away forever.
Sammy got up and walked around the studio searching for Norman. He spotted Wally whistling and walking around.
"Hey! How-" Wally was cut off. "Non of your business." Sammy growled, and kept looking.
Wally stared after him with a blank face. "Well good day to you too." He muttered.
Sammy suddenly remembered that he had band practice and he had to get down there now! He raced down the halls and made it into the band room.
He taught them a new song for a while then the projector was turned on for them to play to a cartoon.
This was Sammy's chance to apologize. He slipped through the booth's door and walked up the staircase. At the top he saw Norman staring out at the Band looking sad.
"Norman?" Sammy asked cautiously. "Norman glanced at Sammy, then glared back out at the band. "Norman I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say any of that, I'm just really stressed and you were right and you were only trying to help and I'm really sorry I yelled at you." Sammy said, rubbing the back of his neck and looking at his feet.
It was silent as Norman didn't answer. The silence grew very uncomfortable for the short musician, but he continued to stare at his feet, not knowing what to say.
He didn't notice when Norman stood straight and walked over to him. He did notice when Norman wrapped his arms around him in a hug.
"It's okay, but you have to promise me to rest at least a little bit, you need it." Norman smiled down at him. "Fine." Sammy sighed.
It just became aware to Sammy that it was kind of weird to be hugging you're friend for this long. He blushed a bit and pulled away.
"Sorry." He muttered. "I've got an idea, since it's Friday why don't you come over to my house and we can watch a movie there or something." Norman asked, his face turning pink.
"Yeah, I'd like that." Sammy said. He tried bearing into his mind that it was just going to visit a friend, nothing more.
But the way that Norman asked him and how he had blushed indicated to Sammy that maybe Norman had just asked him out on a date.
No, that wasn't it, Norman would have said more if it was. So after work Norman drove Sammy to his house.
"So what kind of movies do you like?" He asked when they entered. The first thought Sammy had of the house was, "smells like Norman."
He shook the weird thought from his head. "Don't really care, any movie is fine." Sammy answered. So they settled on a movie and sat down a noticeable ways apart on Norman's couch.
Soon Sammy felt his eyes growing heavy and he wobbled in his seat. Then he fell asleep and fell over, his head on Norman's lap.
The taller looked down at the sleeping Sammy. At first he thought it was adorable, then he realized that he was laying in his lap.
Norman panicked because he didn't know what to do. He didn't want to wake Sammy up because he needed rest, so he couldn't move.
But then what could he do? Norman laid an arm over Sammy's chest, and slowly wrapped his other arm around him as well.
"What are you doing?" He asked himself. But his body wasn't listening to his brain and decided to fall asleep cuddling the short musician.
Sammy's eyes slowly opened and almost yelled in surprise. He was nose to nose with a sleeping Norman.
Not to mention he was being held very close by Norman's arms wrapped around his waist, only to realize his arms were in the same position.
He didn't know what to do. If he moved, he'd wake up Norman and he'd probably question Sammy. Then Sammy remembered that Norman was a heavy sleeper and most likely wouldn't wake up.
Probably. So Sammy removed his arms from Norman's waist and tried slipping out of the taller's arms. Norman mumbled in his sleep and pulled Sammy right back down, tightening his grip.
So the musician didn't have much of a choice now. He pulled one of his arms out of the projectionist's tight grasp, and lightly smacked Norman in the face a few times to wake him.
Norman's eyes slowly opened and he let them focus. Waking up staring directly into Sammy's bright blue eyes was not something he expected, so he yelped and fell off the couch.
Sammy sat up and looked down on Norman. "What happened?" He asked. "I-I don't know, I think we both fell asleep, and I know that I move around in my sleep, what about you?" Norman asked.
"Yeah, I do sometimes." Sammy said, looking away. There was an awkward silence settling around the two.
"I should probably get going home." Sammy said to break the silence. Norman stood up and nodded. Sammy grabbed his coat and headed to the door, avoiding eye contact.
Norman hesitated, then reached a hand out to stop Sammy by grabbing his wrist. Sammy turned with an eyebrow raised at him.
"I-uh...I'm sorry about this whole thing and I just thought you should know that I um...really do like you." Norman confessed.
Sammy blushed and pulled his hand so that Norman's hand slid down and into his. "I really like you too." Sammy said.
The two smiled at each other, their hands refusing to ever let go. Norman pulled the short musician towards him and wrapped his arms around.
They stayed like that for a long time.

Legend has it they never did let go...