Dream

"Mommy, why are they staring at us?"

The six years old Soobin grabbed his mother's coat's hem with his little palm, as the child looked around receiving hateful gaze from the people of the town.

Soobin's mother pressed his hat lower, to block the dirty looks everyone is giving them. "They're just curious my darling. They'll be kind, no worries baby."

Soobin nodded. He trusted his mother. The two walked down the streets and Soobin eyed the candy shop. He gulped and looked at his mother.

"Mom? Can I get some candies?"

The witch hesitated. But looking at his son's beautiful doe eyes and his sweet voice begging for some sweets, she can reject him.

They pushed the door and walked in.

The worker in the candy shop scanned the two up and down with her gaze. Disgust grown on her face once he noticed the two are witches.

"Um, can I get some chocolate and a bag of lemon candy?" Soobin's mother asked politely.

The worker didn't reply, she just continues her work and act like no ones in the shop.

Soobin's mother bite her lips in nervousness. "Um, hello?"

Soobin can sense the awkwardness in the air. He's a kid but he's mature and understanding. "Mom, I don't want candies now, let's go home." Soobin's mother shoved a faint smile and nod. Sometimes she's really thankful that Soobin's so understanding and good.

The worker finally put her attention back to the two.

"Why does witches want candies? You have that fucking power to make some for yourself right?" The worker pushed the two harshly out of the shop and slammed the door shut.

"It's ok mommy, let's go home." Soobin reach his little arms out. Soobin's mother picked him up from the ground and they began to walk home.

The scene switched and darkness took over. Soobin can see faint little flames around him. There are voices around him, but it's suppressed, more like blocked. Soobin stared into the dark, sadness and the feeling of helpless take over his mind. Tears started streaming down his cheeks which he didn't even notice.

He felt like endless stabs straight into his heart. It's painful. It's unbearable.

And there he took a deep breath and choked, he shot his eyes open and sat up on his bed.

It's just a dream Soobin, it's just a dream.

He hugged his knees and buried his face into the blanket.

It's over now, it's over.