The day

"Soobin, hide, don't come out no matter what happened. Please, my baby, hide"

Soobin's mother pushed him into the cloth-set, shut it from outside. "Just remember I love you. I'm sorry baby, I love you"

It's the last word from his mother.

Soobin didn't know what is happening. They were enjoying their dinner but suddenly noises started to surround their house. Soobin's mother drag the kid into the bed room and locked Soobin in the cloth-set immediately.

"Mommy? What happened? Mommy?"

The noises faded. Soobin could not hear his mother anymore. He tried to get out, he broke the cloth-set and climbed out.

The house was empty. Soobin ran out to the streets, wanted to find his mother.

"Mommy?" His shouted are weak. He ran down the streets panting, and saw the people in the town gathered at the square.

Soobin walked near. He can see the people chatting and whispering to one another. What's happening? Is it a festival?

He looked over curiously. But there he saw his mother, all tied up on a wood column. There's piles of wood stuffed under the column.

At that moment, Soobin didn't notice what is happening. He watched in curiosity.

The next second one of the neighbours grabbed a burning stick and throw it on the woods.

Soobin couldn't cream. He stood there froze, mind dizzy. He watched as his mother was covered with flame, he can hear his mother screams and beg.

He blacked out. All he could see is endless darkness and flames. Fire burning in the dark.