Chapter 5- Unsettled Feelings

SCARLETT'S POV
It's strange, how she manages to calm me down with a simple touch. Nobody has ever made me feel so at ease and safe in such a short period, not even Colin.

Things with him are tense nowadays, ever since I'm pregnant with our child & the lawsuit. He is hardly home, always working late, leaving me alone to take care of everything.

I don't know if I'm too sensitive right now because of my pregnancy or not but I just wish he has my corner just like I'm doing with him. I let out a small sigh unknowingly.

"Hey, come on. Let's get out of here" She holds out her hand with a look so soft that I can melt on the spot.

"Confident that I'll not reject aren't you?" I reply with a smirk.

"Oh! I uh... uh I just thought you looked like you needed some air so... I"

Her face flushes red while she scratches her neck & stuttered. Slightly proud that I have this effect on her.

"I'm just messing with you Yn, I'll love some air so let's go!"

I smile as I take her hand offered to me, she lets out an adorable laugh, leading me to her car.

"M'lady" she gives a courtesy nod smiling, while opening up the car door for me, making me blush.

The drive was comfortable, as we converse like we've known each other for a lifetime, smiling and laughing together. It's been awhile I'm smiling and laughing this much, she makes me feel.. free.

After she parks her car, she rushes to my side opening the car door, helping me out of the car, such a gentlewoman. Gasping a little as I take a look at my surrounding, a cafe hidden inside a beautiful flower dome garden.

"It's beautiful" I let out a whisper, walking around the garden listening to the soft chirps of the birds, waterfalls, and soft music playing in the background.

I jumped a little as I feel a hand touches my back.

"You are." She whispers to me.

Turning around I see her bright blue eyes staring at me with a smile. I blushes, returning her smile and she guides me into the cafe to our table at a secluded corner pulling out my seat before she settles down opposite me.

"What would you like to have?" as she passes me the menu to read.

"I took the leverage as the owner of this place to order you the best flower tea in the house so you just choose whatever you want to eat."

The owner? God, how talented is this woman? I decided not to pry, she'll tell me if she wants to.

"I guess I'll just have the classic pancake waffle, thank you" I look up with a smile.

"Huh great choice, I'll have the same then thank you, Grace"

She placing our order with the waitress serving us. It's cute how she address her employees by their name, unlike Colin who treats everyone like his servants.

"I started this cafe 4 years ago when I was feeling overwhelmed with expectations from everyone," she explains, I nod for her to continue.

"I needed a space to escape you know? A place where there's no one but me and nature, hence the cafe here now."

"I know what you mean, sometimes as much as I love my job, I do need a place to just eat in peace or just a place for me to think when everything it's too much." I relate to her.

We then eat in comfortable silence, with some occasional light conversations. I find myself pouring my heart out to her unknowingly, while she looks at me with such sincere interested eyes when we talk.

"I'm sorry for ranting, you just make it very easy to talk to you about everything" I ramble out.

Secretly kicking myself for talking way too much (I blame my pregnancy hormones btw) on the first date.

Wait, no not a date. Just a simple meal, I'm her client, of course, she would ask me out for a meal out of courtesy. Get a grip, Scarlett!

"It's okay! I can't thank you enough for feeling comfortable sharing with me, I'm honored really."

She takes my hand rubbing against my knuckles soothingly, I'm trying very hard to swoon, the things she makes me feel, god.

"So, back to business. Why do you think Mr. Dauriac is fighting for custody right now when he was perfectly fine with the arrangement before?" she lays back in her chair, retracting her hand from mine.

I pout a little with the loss of contact, before furrowing my brows thinking about her question.

I catch her smirking after I pout, smiling a little before she reaches back for my hand with a squeeze encouraging me to talk.

"I guess, it's probably after he found out that I'm pregnant with Roman. He is worried that Colin will treat Rose differently?"

"Hm, what gives him the impression that Colin will treat Rose differently then?" my heart skipped a beat at her question.

I think back at all the times he will come to pick Rose up before I was pregnant. Nothing seems wrong, we're all friendly and civil with each other.

Until we found out I'm pregnant, Rose was excited though, so did he, he even congratulated me.But what went wrong?

I now do realize that Rose is being a little withdrawn with Colin, and clingy towards me. I hardly get any alone time if Rose is around, or even when Colin is around.

She used to love playing with him though, with her sudden changes, I just brushed it off as Colin is hardly home anyway, he is working late or sleeping, and makes no effort to play with Rose anymore.

So I'm not surprised that she is withdrawn from him... but there's no way Colin will treat Rose any differently after Roman is born. Right? Or what did he do already to make Rose feel this way?
-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N
Yoooooo things are getting interesting, what did Colin do. Or what he didn't do? Stay tuned to the next chapter!

Feel free to comment and request what you wanna see for the future chapters! Cheers (: