Chapter 27- Girlfriend

Emily's POV
I swear I have never been so nervous in my life before. The silence while waiting for her answer is killing me inside. Though I wasn't expecting her to reject me, I was pretty sure she felt the same toward me, but the silence said otherwise. I'll be lying if I tell you it doesn't hurt.

However, I don't want to force her into making the decision. All I want is for her to be happy, even if I won't be the reason for her happiness. I drop my hands from her cheeks, slowly trying to move away from Lizzie, but her hand shoots out to grip me, keeping me in place.

"It's okay, Elizabeth," I whisper, smiling, stroking the stray hair that has fallen over her face.

"N-no." She chokes out, still sniffling softly, shaking her head frantically.

"No, it's okay, Elizabeth. I'm sorry for springing this on you. I'll wait as long as you want me to until you're ready." I pull her in, hugging her close. Giving her as much comfort as possible, not wanting her to feel bad.

I took a deep breath before continuing, "Even if you won't be ready, ever. I'll. I'll be contented to stay as your friend or in whatever ways you're comfortable with me in your life."

"Why do you have to be so perfect?" Lizzie mumbles against my neck as she finally manages to compose herself to form a complete sentence.

"I try." I laugh lightly, hands rubbing her back comfortingly.

"Yes." She sits up straight, looking me right in the eye, wiping her tears.

"W-what?" I tilt my head in confusion.

"To answer your question. I. Say. Yes." She repeated with more conviction while I just stared at her, jaws dropping. Did I hear her correctly?

She closes my jaw with her finger, giving me a small peck. "Did you really think that I'll say no?"

'Uh. I- uh."

She puts down her bouquet and grabs both of my hands. "Emily Bella, you have captured my soul and every bit of me with ferocity and tenderness. Making me feel like the only person in the world. I can feel my heart melting when you are near me. I feel butterflies in my stomach, and my legs go weak when you kiss me. I have never felt this way about anyone, ever. I can't imagine my life without you now. I want to be the one that makes you smile every day. The one you share all your fears with and take away all sorrows, just like what you've done for me. You are such a blessing to me, and I want to treat you as such. So, yes. I will be your girlfriend."

When she finishes her speech, our tears are flowing freely down our cheeks. Unable to contain my emotions anymore, my hands cupped both cheeks to crash our lips together. Her hands grab my neck to pull me closer as our lips pull together with urgency yet patience. My hands roam down from her cheeks to her back, hugging her close as I breathe her in.

I licked across her bottom lips, and she gasped in surprise, allowing my tongue to enter her mouth. We moan softly as our tongues glide together, taking time to explore each other's mouths. Her hands slide into my hair, tugging my roots and making me groan in pleasure. We break apart to breathe before diving back in as if we will drown if we stop kissing.

Eventually, we pull away because we do have to breathe for real at some point. We rest our foreheads together as our heavy breaths mingle, trying to calm down while processing what happened. Wow. I have a girlfriend now. My parents must be damn proud of me.

"Holy shit." I breathe out.

"You're my girlfriend." I pull back to look at Lizzie and realize what's going on.