Chapter 35- Revelation

YN'S POV
I called for an emergency online meeting after reading my employee's message. We gathered that their relationship must not be simple if Gabriela went to the station along with Colin. We could even reasonably doubt that he was with her when Gabriela volunteered at one of the communities at the beach where we had lunch.

The coordinator managed to retrieve one of their footage showing the guy we spotted with the same build in the photos we had. Agreeing that Johnson has the right to know, we looped him into the online meeting. I didn't realize that Giana was already with Johnson at this place when we scheduled this meeting.

My eyebrow quirks as I take in both of them alone in Johnson's place while Jake smiles knowingly. I sigh, "Do I want to know what's up with the two of you?" My computer speaker cackles with laughter as both Johnson and Giana burn bright red at my statement and are about to explain before I raise my hand to stop them.

"No need to explain. I don't care what you do after working hours as long you don't jeopardize your work."

"And what I meant is your current case, Giana. No one can know about this before the case is closed, understood?" Both of them nod immediately, with a hint of a smile.

I nodded for Jake to continue the meeting as I spotted my baby flower poking her head into my office, holding on to her dog plushie I got for her. With a smile, I opened my arms for Rose to come cuddling on my body to take a nap. I run my fingers through her hair soothingly while I listen in.

It seems like Johnson didn't understand why Gabriela kept in contact with Colin because, clearly to him, Gabriela is known to dislike the comedian. Some of the environmental jokes he cracked on television, Gabriela thought it was very irresponsible, as they could be preaching the wrong idea about the current environmental situation.

Gabriela was a huge environmentalist. She always talked about how more things could be done to save the earth while Colin was cracking jokes about it when he could be educating the audience instead. Johnson was all worked up with the idea of Gabriela with Colin, which got me briefly concerned about the relationship or whatever he has going on with Giana.

Johnson rambles about Gabriela and how she was vocal about her hatred for Colin. She's passionate about the environmental stuff, but with Colin, it seems personal. Giana seemed unbothered with how Johnson talked about Gabriela. So I guess she's chilled with it. In any case, both of them are consenting adults. They can do anything they want as long nobody finds out about it.

Even though it's compelling why Gabriela is hanging out with Colin, at least with this, we got more stands to assume Colin is the same guy wearing the baseball cap that night. Just then, an anonymous email came into my mailbox, and I opened it to see more videos of the night when the baseball cap guy was captured in Gabriela's house. I quickly forward it to the group.

We watch the security footage that shows the guy wearing the same baseball cap and build, which shows it's the same guy. This footage happened to be captured on different nights several weeks earlier. Along with the clips, there are some documents attached as well, stating the IDs of the same person in the charities Gabriela frequents at.

Seemed like Colin was a frequent guest Gabriela brought along to her charities. What caught my eye were the screenshots of the messages between Grabriela's brother and Gabriela. Gabriela's brother Gabe seemed to be very worried about the recent behaviors of his sister, and the relationship between Gabriela and Colin was fake.

Whatever Gabriela seemed to be doing, she held it close to her heart. Nobody knows about it, not even her close friends. So the next best step was to follow up with Gabe. Looking at their past interviews, they seemed unlikely to speak to us as they were reluctant to discuss anything regarding the case.