Chapter 28- Love Confession

YN'S POV
My favorite thing to do in the world is to wake up with the love of my life in my arms. Oh god, I know I'm falling for this remarkable woman. Still, I did not see myself so readily admitting that she was indeed the far best thing that happened in my life. She's the love of my life... there's a nice ring to it.

Despite growing up with many things, love is not one of them. Though my parents, best friend, and grandparents love me unconditionally. But my relationship history could be better. Most want something from me. They claimed they loved me but never did. Or rather, they never did love me as much as they loved themselves.

I've been cheated on, lied to, and used. You name it; I probably have gone through it. I don't know how often Yfn has to pick up my broken pieces. Finally, when I think enough is enough, I shut myself up to concentrate on my career, keeping everyone at a distance. But it all changed when I met this certain blonde.

I want to think we found each other at the right time, though we had a rough start. I helped her move on from her toxic marriage, while she helped me open up to feeling that I was sure I wouldn't be feeling anymore. Now, I just need to tell her how much she means to me.

Smiling softly as I watch her sleep, slowly moving upwards to lean on the headboard. Soon Scarlett starts stirring, rolling to face me. Instead of waking up, she latches herself and lays her head between my waist and the bed, legs intertwining with mine to continue snoozing. I comb my fingers through her hair and hear her soft hums of satisfaction.

I read while I wait for Scarlett to wake up, rubbing my free hand up and down her bare back. "What time is it?" Scarlett mumbles against my waist.

"Half past eleven," I inform quietly as she takes a deep breath pulling my body closer.

She slowly opens her eyes, lifting her head to find me sitting up and looking down at her. I laugh softly as I see her face scrunching up in confusion, looking around, taking up the position we are in. Just as I'm about to explain to her, she flops down on my tummy and closes her eyes again.

"Aren't you waking up?" laughing at her antics.

Instead of answering, I just receive a hum in response, and she shakes her head, rubbing her nose against my tummy. I laugh at the slightly ticklish sensation as she looks at me through her sleepy eyes, a mischievous grin pulling on her lips. As if realizing something.

Before I knew it, she turned her head and started blowing berries on my tummy. I burst out laughing, trying to squirm away gently, escaping the ticklish feeling. But not wanting to hurt her, I didn't manage to use my full strength, so I was helplessly trapped under her.

"S-stop, please. I'm going to wet myself, baby." I struggle out between my breaths.

With one last berry blown, she finally stops. Grinning at me, she climbs up to lay entirely on top of me, tucking her face in the crook of my neck and letting out a content sigh. A comfortable silence falls between us as I slowly catch my breath, my hands stroking her back, enjoying the skin-to-skin contact as much as we can.

"What's the plan today?" Scarlett mumbles against my neck.

"Well, whenever you're ready to get out of bed. I'll bring you out on a relaxing beach picnic date."

"Beach? I love the beach!" she finally lifts her head from my neck, looking at me with her eager puppy eyes.

"Yeah? I sure hope you do! So what do you say? Wanna get out of bed and prepare for the day?"

The second I finished my sentence, Scarlett bolted out of bed so fast that I was momentarily worried she would fall. But as usual, she never ceased to amaze me. It's amazing how she makes pregnancy looks so easy. She looks so beautiful and radiates the perfection of her beauty and power. And I find a pregnant body attractive and an incredible reminder of what a woman's body is made to do.