Chapter 46- Adventures

Melanie's POV
"Rise and shine, grandma!" Rose's voice rings out just outside the door of my room, and before I can answer, I hear the footsteps of her running away, probably to the next room, waking up Hunter and Adrian.

I grab my bag and open the door to see Scarlett leaning on her side by the door, smiling, and watching Yn walk behind Rose with Corey strapped in front of her, going room to room, waking everyone up.

"Oh, hi, Mum. How's your sleep?" Scarlett greets me with a hug before we follow Rose on a much slower pace, just in time to catch Hunter and Adrian coming out of their room, almost bouncing with excitement.

We watch with a fond smile as Rose heads to the last room to wake Lizzie and Emily up. But before Rose can knock on their door, the door swings open, and Emily springs from their room.

"Ready to go?!" Emily jumps on Rose, who squeals in surprise and starts running away when Emily chases after her.

"Hey! Wait for us!" I roll my eyes when Hunter and Adrian run after them and join in the chase.

After a light breakfast at the hotel, we are on the way to Universal Studios on a bus that Yn kindly arranged for us as it's easier to travel in such a big group.

The kids gather around to make plans for the route, and when I say kids, the only legal kid in the group is Rose. Knowing that she has lost her girlfriend for the time being, Lizzie shifts her seat to be nearer to Scarlett so they can talk.

Yn laughs at how the both of them are talking across her, so she gets up and moves out of their way. "Is the seat taken?" Yn smirked down at me as she stood by the side of the chair, waiting, bouncing Corey on his baby strap.

I laugh at her goofiness, "The seat is all yours."

"So, how's everything? I'm sorry we haven't been visiting much." Yn apologizes, smiling sheepishly.

I snort, "There's nothing to apologize for, honey. You guys just had a baby. It's normal to be caught up with it. I'll be concerned if you guys are visiting too much."

A wave of laughter catches our attention, and we turn to see Scarlett and Lizzie laughing about something they are talking about.

I watch Yn while she watches Scarlett with an adoring smile on her face. Then I blurt out, whispering. "When are you going to propose?"

Yn effectively choked on air after my questions, and I only feel a little bad for springing up on her. Just a little.

She tilts her head up, covering her mouth as she coughs into her elbow when Scarlett and Lizzie turn over to see what's going on.

"Baby, are you okay? Do you want some water?" Scarlett starts to walk over, and she waves her off.

Yn pats her chest to calm herself down, and I pass her the bottle of water I got by the side of my seat so she can take a sip.

"It's okay. Sorry. Air went down the wrong airway." she grimaces, and Scarlett rolls her eyes affectionately before continuing her conversation with Lizzie.

"Sorry for springing this on you." I laugh lightly.

Yn shakes her head, chuckling softly. "Can't say I haven't been expecting this question."

"So when are you going to do it? You have this wonderful Universal Studio day today. Or are you going to do it on her birthday? Christmas? Oh! New years?" I start rambling excitedly.

"No. No. No, and still No. It's still in the early stage of planning. I want it to be perfect, and I'm definitely not going to be celebrating our engagement during the holidays with family." Yn laughs at the obvious excitement before explaining.