Chapter 11- Importance

SCARLETT'S POV
I think I woke at the wrong side of bed today, I'm just feeling grumpy. What about? I'm not too sure either, I keep repeating the scene of Lizzie leaving with Yn yesterday, and I don't like how it feels.

Or is the confrontations with Colin yesterday? He just makes me so mad, he doesn't care shit about the case and how am I feeling all along, what makes him thinks that he has the right to questioned Yn on the case?

I confronted him about his neglectful actions ever since the case started, though as usual, he brushed it off with work. I hinted to him about Yn's suspicion of his behavior towards Rose, and warned him if I ever find out that he treats Rose like anything he shouldn't, I will divorce his ass and make his life as hell.

It's probably all this frustration in me that my head is pounding, and that I'm feeling a bit faint and dizzy too. I just hope I'm not falling sick, I can't afford to be sick, I have to take care of Rose and I still have got work stuff to attend to.

What makes this worst is that my husband is nowhere in sight to help if I'm sick. I texted Colin to tell him that I'm feeling unwell, hoping he can come back early from work today to help.

Trying not to wake Rose up, who is sleeping peacefully beside me, which I cannot remember how did she get in with me. Probably after Colin leave for work this morning, I drag my body up to wash up and prepare breakfast.

After preparing breakfast, before I can take a minute for myself I hear tiny pattering footsteps coming down towards the kitchen. I groan internally as I was hoping Rose will wake up later and I can get extra rest.

Here's to hoping she can entertain herself with a movie or 2 while I take a rest. I can feel my body slowly shutting down and I desperately need a rest. I tried calling Colin a few times, but it always goes to the voice mail, I wonder if he is that busy. Well this just show how important are we to him.

"Morning Mama!" Rose greets as she runs down the stairs towards me and gives me a hug.

"Morning sweetie, here eat your breakfast and we'll have some movie cuddling time later ok?" As I help her up on her chair.

"Yay! Ok I want to watch Inside Out! Can Yn join us?" Rose prompts before digging in.

My heart skips a-bit hearing her name, and I can feel a blush creeping up, god. I need to control myself. But I can't deny it's cute that my little Rose has taken extra liking to her after spending just 1 day with her.

It took Rose months for her to accept Colin and is going to be part of our life permanently. But it seems to be a part of Yn's charm that she always get things to work out beautifully for her.

Just like how she got Rose & Lizzie smitten, and frankly speaking maybe myself a little as well. Which is going to be an issue if it goes on, but it's not like I can help it to feel this way.

"Mama, I'm done! Can we go watch movie now?"

I shake myself out of my own thoughts before cleaning up and setting up the movie. Frankly speaking that's probably the only way I get to lay down and rest awhile, so I really hope she can at least finish the movie.

I sigh in content as we get snuggle together on the couch watching the movie. As much as I said I didn't get enough alone time now a days, I'm happy that Rose still loves cuddling up to me telling me how much she loves me and her little brother.

My heart feels with warmth when I overheard her yesterday telling Yn, how happy and excited she is to be a big sister. And that even though I'm an award-winning actress, I think my biggest accomplishment will be still giving birth to such a sweet Rose.