Chapter 32- Retreat

YN'S POV
After the whirlwind, my team, myself, and Johnson hurry across the country on my private jet. Scarlett will join us later when Rose finishes school, along with Emily & Lizzie, of course, and the Marvel casts, as they do not have any filming schedule that week. To save them trouble, I've arranged my private jet back to get them so they need not worry about the paparazzi knowing their flight details.

Though I'm feeling a bit bad to have dragged Scarlett along and had Rose pull out of school, Scarlett mentioned that it's okay as she can be home-schooled. So I'm feeling a bit better, and it's great that the Marvel cast can join in. At least they can entertain each other while I work. I just really don't want to leave my family.

I think this is an excellent opportunity for my team to get out of town for a while. I can sense that they are anxious due to the gravity of the case. Thus, getting away from the city and retreating to nature may do some good for them and come out with a strategy for our next move.

My parents were already there, so why not take the chance and make it a family/company retreat? But I've no idea why they were there in the first place without telling me. Oh well, it's their house as much as it's mine. But I can't help to suspect something is going on because it's kind of abrupt that we're taking on this criminal case.

We're usually known to take on corporate law cases, and the custody cases were an exception for Scarlett since we were engaged by her for the Disney case as well. We didn't deal with Johnson before, so I have no idea why we were hired to take on this case.

Ever since I took on this case, my father has been flaky around the house, just like how he planned for this impromptu retreat with my mother. I guess I'll find out more later when I reach the estate.

Finally, we pulled into my estate. My helpers were already waiting for us when someone came to help us gather our belongings. "Ms. Yln, welcome back." my butler Sam greets.

" my butler Sam greets

"Johnson, everyone. Welcome to my upstate estate." I lead them in, catching up with Sam. He's been working for us for two decades since I was a small girl. He basically helps raised me when I was young until I grew up and moved out of the house. He then sought a slower pace in life, therefore, transferring him to work in our upstate home instead.

"Whoa... this is a hell of a place, Yn." Giana gapes and the others continue to be awed.

"Thank you. I enjoy coming here. Before we get started, let's go on a simple house tour, shall we? Sam?" I gesture for Sam to lead the way.

"The beginning of the hiking trail is at the end of the driveway, and a few others branch off into the backyard. Not to worry. The area that runs through the property is private and gated, though Watkins Glen State Park still maintains them."

"Recommended itinerary is that you don't miss the trail to the waterfall near the Finger Lake region." Sam brings out his phone to show pictures of the waterfall, and the others gasp, blown away by the beauty.