Chapter 21- Danger

Emily's POV
I watched Scarlett's face drop and hurried over, sitting beside Lizzie and grabbing her hands. I can't decide if I want to scream at her for hurting my best friend or empathize with her with how distraught she looks.

She must really care about Yn, but I can't accept how she led Yn on, thinking there's something between them but for her to go back to her abusive relationship.

"What do you mean by she's missing? S-she's in her room, no?" Turning back to look at the stairs, hoping Yn will appear.

"No, she didn't come home. She was in the office, working, and was called off to an emergency meeting at 4pm." I explained quietly, avoiding her eyes and staring at the TV in front.

"Have you checked her office?" Scarlett questions while trying to regulate her breathing.

I resist the temptation to roll my eyes. Do you think I've never thought of that? She's my best friend! I've checked everywhere before I come over with the news, courtesy of my date. I won't let Scarlett know if it's not for her. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, she doesn't know the term missing.

"Scarlett, the jet she's on, going for the meeting is missing," I whispered the last part, words struggling to form, lumped in my throat.

I saw color drains from Scarlett's face before she broke down and cried. Lizzie held her while she sobbed, whispering comforts to her. I stared hard at the TV in front of me, controlling my tears, as noises faded to many hushed voices.

I'm aware of the 2 new voices that join us in the room. It's probably Yn's parents arriving to join us, as I informed them previously. They are only a faint buzz in the background; the words escape my ears.

I can only hear and concentrate on the noises of my blood rushing to my ears. I'm sure if eye power it's legit, the TV would have been broken and burst into flames with the amount of anger I've channeled to it.

I held my head in my hands, grabbing my hair as the world faded away and reality seeped into my consciousness. The creeping emptiness within expands even more. The jet is missing.

Memories from last night flood my mind. I remember receiving the call from Yn, hearing how tired and defeated she was. Despite that, she still cared enough to ask Lizzie & me to go over in the morning to accompany Scarlett & Rose.

She knows she won't be back since she was sleeping over in her office to get some time alone. This isn't the Yn Ymn Yln I know. She's always confident, charismatic, and passionate about what she believes. That's how she survived society.

In this dominant male industry, she worked her way up to where she is now without using any of her connections. From an associate to the partner of the firm, then finally sitting on the board as the managing partner of the firm.

She worked twice as hard compared to anybody else, knowing that even though she didn't ask for it, she was indeed born into more privilege than most people out there. She knows since she's unable to be unborn, she will use it to help people.

Yn spends most of her free time traveling from state to state, country to country, to help the less fortunate. Building schools and hospitals and offering free law consultations. She doesn't deserve this.

"Em, breathe for me, honey," Mummy Yln gently coaxed me as her arms wrapped around me.

Her voice sent me back into this room, into reality, a space full of anguish. While Daddy Yln extends a cup of tea to me. I graciously accept the cup and saucer, the rattling revealing my trembling hands.

"T-thank you," I whisper. My voice is scratchy from the unshed tears and the enormous lump in my throat.

I looked around the room and realized more people had joined us. The grandparents from both sides, my parents and my grandparents from both sides. It's a large crowd, I know, but both Yn & I are family friends.