Chapter 14- Night to remember

LIZZIE'S POV
This is the best day of my life, I can't believe I'm looking at my favorite singer of all time and she is the cousin of Em? What the fuck is this. But I'm not going to say no to the special treatment, I just hope I don't stumble over my words later.

Usually, I'll be a ball of anxiety at such events, but there's something about Em that makes me feel safe and comfortable with her. Her periodic squeezes on my hand, making sure I know she's thinking about me make me smile so wide that my cheeks hurt.

I've never felt so safe with anyone so quickly before, there's something about her that just attracts me. With Yn, it's just pure lust and alcohol but with Em, my heart fluttered every time she looks or smile at me.

Em brings me around the party meeting, different people, the attendees are so diverse from Singers (Of course), to models, actors/actresses, and tv hosts. I guess music does brings everyone together, and she's Taylor Swift, who doesn't love her and her god damn relatable lyrics songs. I know I do, so much so that I blew up my chance to have a proper conversation with her previously and never got her number, urgh.

"Fancy a walk?" she leans down whispering to my ear, raising goosebumps all over me with her warm breath, hands not leaving my waist to keep me close.

I look up to her and nod my head slightly, already feeling the energy drain from all the socializing. Em just give me a fuzzy smile before leading me to a secluded corner and out to a balcony. I gasp at the view on the balcony and turn over to look at Em who's already looking at me with a soft smile.

My stomach fills with butterflies at the sight of her, eyes full of I don't know, adoration? Are we too early for this shit? This is practically only our first date, but I love how she pulled all the big guns just to impress me.

"What's that smile for?" I whisper blushing.

Instead of answering me, she gazes into my eyes, still smiling. Raising her hand to tuck a stray strand of hair behind my ear, before caressing my cheek, I can feel my breath hitch at her actions, blood rushing to my ears.

"Dance with me?" she asks, before stepping back and offering her hand to me, bowing.

I smile before taking her hand, she guides my hand to her shoulder, and I instinctively clasp my hand behind her neck playing with her baby hair. She raises her eyebrows in surprise at my actions while her hands slip to my waist just as Enchanted plays at the party. She chuckles softly, mouthing "that's my song."

"How are you finding the party, Elizabeth?" She asks sweetly as we sway along to the music.

"Hmm, I'm in awe, to be honest. I've attended lots of parties but never a singer's after-party. So it's interesting." smiling and gazing into her chocolate brown eyes.

"Doesn't seem much any different, isn't it? But you've never attended a singer's after-party? Not even a concert? Your ex is a singer no?" she asks quirking an eyebrow. Oh, so we're doing these ex-talks now huh?

"Well, yes. He's part of a band, but he never brings me to his concert after parties or to his friends. He knows that I don't like large crowds." I shrug.

"Dear god, did I make the wrong move to bring you to this party? Are you overwhelmed? I'm so sorry, I should have thought of it. I-" she rambles on panicking.

"Whoa hey, it's all right! I'm comfortable. I don't prefer large crowds, that's true. But most importantly why I don't go after-parties with him is because he doesn't give me the sense of safety I needed in a large crowd. Attending a party with you now, it's different. I feel safe, comfortable, and at ease." I explain to her, hands on her cheeks to force her attention on me.

"I make you feel safe?" she whispers barely audible but I hear her loud and clear.

I nod my head and smile softly at her, and I see her face morphs into a goofy smile so bright that it dazzled me. She slowly leans in to rest her forehead on mine, looking into my eye smiling softly, singing along to the music.

This is me praying that
This was the very first page
Not where the storyline ends

I don't want our story to end here, is it weird that I want to see where this story leads us?

My thoughts will echo your name, until I see you again
These are the words I held back, as I was leaving too soon
I was enchanted to meet you

I am more than enchanted to meet someone like her.

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

I smile at her quirking her eyebrow while singing this verse, I shake my head to answer her silent questioning as I lean back to see her singing more clearly.

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
This night is flawless, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you

She raises my hand above my head to give me a gentle twirl before twirling me back, holding me close to her chest flushing to each other, whispering the last lyrics to me.

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

We stare into each other's eyes after the song ends, as we stop swaying to the music. Do we kiss here? Is it weird that I want to kiss her now? Like it's just our first date. Before I can register my brain from overthinking, a phone ring to break our stares at each other.

Em smiles apologetically before looking at the caller id and picking up the call. She keeps her hand tightly on my waist, pulling me against her while I rest my head on her chest, while she is on a call.

This feels nice, she trusts me enough to let me hear what's going on in her calls. Robbie used to not let me go near him whenever he is on a call, which I'm not too sure why but not like it matters anymore.

She ends the call soon enough, before leaning down to give me a peck on my hairline, making me smile though I'm surprised, but I like it.

"Let's go, someone wants to meet my date for tonight," she tells me with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Date, just for tonight?" I decided to tease her back though I'm feeling dead nervous, knowing who am I finally going to meet.

"No, not just tonight. A lot more than just tonight if you allow me Elizabeth." She turns to face me saying with such conviction and sincerity, I can't help but smile at how cute and serious she is, and I nod.

Sensing my nerves as we get closer to the room we will be gathering, Em let go of her hand placed on my waist to lace her fingers through mine and gives me a reassuring squeeze.

"I'll be right here with you. If you feel overwhelmed, squeeze my hand twice and we'll leave ok?" as we approach the door.

I look at her, suddenly all the shifting eyes and vacancies vanished. I nod my head before she opens the door and leads me in, ok let's do this.
——————————————————————————
A/N
I'm sorry I'm taking awhile to come out with this chapter. Looks like it's all cute and fluffy for this couple right here!

Let me know your comments! Cheers (: