Chapter 23- Intervention

SCARLETT'S POV
I'm smiling giddily as Yn holds my hand while going to the living room as if we just didn't have sex earlier. I mean, god, it's literally the best sex ever. Was it always so good? Sex, I mean, but I think it's gratifying because it's with Yn, everything done with her, it's always better.

"So, Yn. What happened?" Diego demands once he sees us coming down the stairs.

Yn explains the entire story once she settles on the couch, how she was flying on her private jet, and her tech team thoroughly did all the safety checks as usual. I'm barely keeping up with her story.

I'm entirely dazed from whatever has happened, the sex just now, and how close I am to losing her forever. I'm only holding on to Yn's hand, staring at her manicured fingers, how it felt inside a while ago... Scarlett, focus!

"Halfway through the flight, the instrument panel lit up. Our turbine engine caught fire. We had no choice but to cut all electronics and do an emergency landing." She took a sip of water before continuing.

"We crashed, landing lightly at the extreme west side of Lake Murvaul and putting the fire out. Thank god we were flying low as we're preparing to descend." she wraps her arm around me as I shudder at the thought.

"Why didn't you try to reach out? A message would be nice if the reception is too weak for calls." Madison asks.

"The reception there was zero, not a single bar. Luckily the map was still working, so we could navigate out to the nearest road, Rosie Jones Park. It took us a few hours, and I was in heels." she shakes her head disapprovingly before pulling me up to her lap as she felt me tense up.

"How did you get to Austin?" Emily asks, smirking at the sight of us as I flush beet red and try to wriggle out of Yn's grasp but fail.

"Thankfully, we met a lovely family at the park, and they agreed to send us to Austin as they're on the way back from their camping trip. They refuse our money and even made food for us in their camp car kitchen," she recalls wistfully with a soft smile.

"Baby, can we get a camping-car? I want to bring Rose on camping trips too." Yn suddenly turns to ask me, with Rose jumping in excitement, that she wants to go on a camping trip too.

"We can talk about it later, ok?" I laugh lightly at her randomness.

"Yes! Ok! Anyway, it took forever for us to reach Austin, and I'm sorry I should have asked to use their phone. But I was too anxious to get back." giving me a peck on my temple.

"We're just glad you're back in 1 piece, Yn." Diego shakes his head and concludes.

"This is why power banks are invented, my friends. Baby, you better have one that is in full charge with you. No battery flat excuses are allowed." Lizzie mutters before turning to glare at Emily, giving us a laugh when we see the terrified Emily raising her hands in surrender.

"What are you going to do about it, now that you know what's happening," Diego asks, making me tense up a little. They might not be happy if they know Yn's decision, especially when it's made mainly due to me. Am I self-fish?

"I'm not going to press charges. I'll just send him an official warning letter to stay away from us. That, if he tries anything, anything at all, I won't hesitate to bring him down." Yn shrugs and kisses my shoulder to calm me down. How does she always know how I am feeling?

"You what? Repeat that?" Diego says lowly, eyeing both Yn & me dangerously. Clearly not happy with Yn's decision and knows why she isn't pressing charges as she should. I find myself getting smaller by seconds with his stare. Before I can speak up, Yn cuts in.