Chapter 13- Truth Hurts

YN'S POV
After ending the FaceTime call with Em, smiling widely because why not? I'm insanely happy for her, I hope they work out! I mean they'll be a cute couple, Em is calm and collected even though she is a nightclub owner, while Lizzie is, Lizzie, like a wild child on a loose.

Deciding to do some work before I go up and check on the mother-daughter duo, I open up my email to see that Mr. Dauriac accepted my meeting request starting in about 15 minutes. As ironic as it seems, I guess I'll be meeting Scarlett's ex-husband in her house over the custody of the sleeping child above me.

I make a quick run to the room, to check on the mother-daughter, and yeap still knocked out cold. I smiled looking at how cute they are snuggling together, I make sure Scarlett is not running a fever and went down after tucking them back in. Because guess what, Scarlett is a blanket kicker when she sleeps.

I go over my notes on my laptop before starting the meeting, waiting for Mr. Dauriac & team to join us in the virtual meeting room.

"Hello Mr. Dauriac, thank you for taking your time to meet us, I understand you're a busy man so I'll finish this quick" I start the meeting.

"No problem, Ms. Yln. We are both clear that my intention is not to make life difficult for Scarlett. All I ever wanted was Rose to be happy and healthy."  he states smiling.

"I understand that, but I would like to understand more about in what way you think that Rose won't be happy and healthy with Scarlett? You didn't have issues with Rose & Scarlett previously."  I inquire, curious.

"Well yes. I've no issues with Rose & Scarlett. But recently I've noticed the changes in Rose's attitude and demeanor. Especially after she got to know she's going to be a big sister" he furrowed his eyebrow, obviously stressed and worried about his daughter.

"Hm, how so? What are the changes you've noticed? Though I must say I vaguely remembered Scarlett mentioning that Rose is excited to be a big sister? And I've heard from Rose as well on how she plans to bring her baby brother to her make-believe tea parties." I smiled a little thinking about how cute the little flower princess is.

"Oh, so you've met Rose? Such an adorable & bright child isn't she? Anyways yes, she was indeed excited. I'm pretty sure she still is, but she mentions that she is afraid that Scarlett will not love her anymore after the baby comes."  as he leans back in his seat.

"Hm, I think it's quite normal for a child to feel slightly nervous and neglected when a new change is coming in? And-" I try to justify before he interrupts.

"That's not the best part, I've reassured her multiple times that her mum will still love her the same even when the baby is here. But you know what Rose said?" he quirks his eyebrow.

I furrowed my eyebrow and nodded my head for him to continue, though I have a feeling about where is this going, and frankly speaking I'm seething with anger.

"Rose said, and I quote. But Colin already doesn't love me, he calls me a brat when I ask him to play with me or I spend too much time with mama. And told me I'm not allowed to be near his baby, he slaps my hand away when I try to touch Mama's tummy when she is sleeping. Now, Ms. Yln, do you still think that Rose will be happy if she continues to stay with Scarlett? Especially when the baby comes?" he deadpans.

I find myself speechless for the very first time, in this case, hearing this directly firsthand from Mr. Dauriac is not what I've expected. How can someone be so cruel to a child? And this is not looking good for Scarlett if she continues to let this goes on with Colin.

Out of consideration for Scarlett, Mr. Dauriac did not show Scarlett the photos his team has gathered the injuries he has inflicted on Rose, and how he manhandled her whenever they were out alone. But after showing me the photos, I can't imagine how heartbroken will Scarlett be if she sees them.