Chapter 38- Reunion

Yn's POV
I groan as I feel the buzz from a phone on the bedside table, shifting my hand blindly to grab it before it wakes Scarlett, who's sleeping soundly, curling up into me.

The buzzing stops as I grab the phone in my hand, and I sigh before willing myself to sleep for a few hours more after the vigorous workout last night.

But alas, the world is against me. The buzzing starts again, and I pick up the phone without looking at the caller id. "Hello?" I grunt out, voice still husky, thick from the sleepiness.

"Mama?" a small child's voice greets me from the other end of the phone, which perks me up immediately.

I turn to look at the phone and realize that I've answered Scarlett's phone unknowingly, and I laugh lightly. "Sorry, baby flower. Mama's still sleeping."

"Mummy? You're back!" Rose squeals down the phone, and I tear it away from my ear to prevent them from going deaf despite going almost deaf. I miss my daughter.

Chuckling softly, I return the phone to my ear again to speak to the excited child who's still rambling down the phone on how much she misses me and can't wait to see us later.

Knowing we won't be on time, I've arranged for a chauffeur to pick her up. She's just calling to tell us she's on the way.

"Alright. We'll see you later, baby flower. Love you." I coo down the phone before hanging up just as Scarlett groans and starts stirring.

"Good morning, my love." kissing her temple.

Scarlet mumbles incoherently before snuggling to my side and drifting off to sleep again. Chuckling to myself, I slip off the bed and head to the kitchen. Making a coffee, I scroll through my phone, reading my team's updates on the trial.

With Jake handling the trial personally, I have nothing to worry about and maybe start planning for a baby. Speaking about the baby, I can't wait for the little prince's arrival, and I still have yet to talk to Scarlett about the names.

I mean, it's her child. She probably already has a few names in mind, but let's hope she's okay with me suggesting a few too. I rummage through the fridge for some ingredients and start making breakfast for Scarlett.

Now that she's in her last few weeks of trimester, she's even more unwilling to move. Thus I'm expected to bring her meals and not as if I'll be complaining. Who can say no to her? Especially when she starts pouting. I know I can't.

Everyone knows Scarlett's signature smirk, but all I've ever known is her pouting, and I get to kiss it away every time. Smiling, I gather the ingredients to make a Broccoli cheddar omelet and a Strawberry slushie for her.

Humming along with the soft music playing in the background, I chop the broccoli into florets and leave them in a small pot to cook. Grabbing a bowl from the cabinet, I crack the eggs and whisk them together.

The sound of the sizzling butter in the pan puts me in a good mood. I start bobbing my head to Taylor Swift's Lover as it plays in the background, reminding me of my lover I'm making breakfast for.

Adding the egg mixture to the pan, I let the eggs set for a while before lifting the edge of the omelet to let the uncooked egg run underneath. Letting the omelet cook under low heat, I carefully scoop the cooked broccoli up and place it in a bowl to cool before returning to the pan with the shredded cheese in hand.

Feeling ridiculous, I mimic the internet sensation salt bae as I sprinkle cheese on top of the omelet before laughing at myself. Thank god, Yfn is not here. If not, I won't be hearing the end of this.