Chapter 19- Happiness is simple

ROSE'S POV
I woke up feeling warm on both sides. I started wriggling wake to see my mama sleeping soundly on my right and holding someone's hand across my body. Who can it be? Is it Colin? My body tensed up at the thought of him.

I don't like him, he makes mama cry, and he hurts me and warns me not to tell mama. If not, he will take mama away from me. I quickly turn to my left to see my favorite person besides my mama, Yn!

I'm so happy I get to sleep over at Yn's house; she changed my Pjs and sang to me with mama before I slept yesterday! How did we end up in Yn's room? I remember walking to my mama's room and shaking my mama awake.

I told her I wanted to cuddle with Yn, she hesitated for a minute before picking me up, sneaking into Yn's room, and snuggling in for the night. We were both exhausted, and it didn't take long for us to fall back asleep, successfully not waking Yn.

But why is mama holding Yn's hand while sleeping? I don't know, but I'm happy I get to snuggle with both of my favorite people in the world. As much as I love snuggling with them, I feel a little hungry.

I decide not to disturb my mama as I know she needs more rest to focus on baking my little brother. I then slowly wriggle out from their grasp and sit up, placing tiny kisses on Yn's face trying to wake her up.

She starts stirring a bit before taking a deep breath, smiling, and opening her eyes to see me hovering above her, puckering her lips for another kiss.

"Morning, flower princess," she whispers and chuckles softly, accepting my kisses happily.

"Morning, Yn!' I bounce slightly out of excitement, seeing her awake.

Yn quickly sits up and rolls out of bed gently so as not to wake my mama up, and she signals me to follow her quietly. I let out a soft giggle before covering my mouth quickly, feeling like a spy movie sneaking out of bed from mama.

I scramble out of bed as gently as possible after Yn, though we freeze in the doorway when we hear mama groan and stir in her sleep. Luckily she falls back asleep, and I quickly scramble out of the room, holding Yn's hand.

Yn picks me up and places me on the kitchen counter before going to the refrigerator to get some juices. I swing my legs over the counter happily while waiting for her to bring me my juices.

She beams at me as she walks over with two glasses of juices, an orange, and an apple, giving me an option to choose. I'm glad I get to make my own decisions; with Colin around, I can't seem to say anything right.

He even controls what mama should eat, claiming it's good for the baby. I frown a little, thinking how long do we have till we have to go back to the house, back with Colin.

"What's your cute little brain thinking so hard about, huh?" Yn soothes my furrowed brows with her thumb, kissing my forehead. I love forehead kisses.

"Can we stay here forever with you, Yn?" I asked after sipping on the apple juice I chose out of the 2, giving her my best puppy eyes, hoping she'll say yes.

"You know, I do welcome the idea, princess. But we have to discuss it with your mama, ok?" she chuckles softly, sipping her juice.

"Can we make breakfast in bed for mama? Maybe it will help convince her to stay in your house?" I ask and nod softly, finishing my juice.

"Not how it works but sure, what do you want to make?" she laughs, shaking her head as she starts cleaning up and preparing to help make breakfast.

We decided to make savory pancakes with mushrooms, bacon, and scrambled eggs as the sides. Yn holds my hand and helps me draw and design the pancakes while she flips and stir fry the sides.