Secret Love (Surprise Oneshot)

We keep behind closed doors
Every time I see you I die a little more
Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls
It'll never be enough- Little Mix

What does it feel like to have a world-famous actress as a girlfriend? You'll feel like the most precious thing in the world, the precious secret she fought to protect you from the world. It's all cute and exciting, and you love how protective she is until you feel like you're just a dirty secret.

I'm Yn Yln, 28 years old, female, working as a teacher assistant at NYU, which I'm an alumni of. I grew up in an average family with my parents and a younger brother. We're not well off, but my parents worked hard to provide for us, which we're thankful for.

All I've ever lived was this peaceful everyday life, and I never thought I'd be dating a celebrity. A marvel actress, to be exact. Me? Dating Scarlett Ingrid Johansson? But dreams still come true. And I'm pretty sure I'm living the dreams of many people.

Scarlett and I met in a club where I was drowning my post-breakup ass in waves of alcohol. She caught me drinking alone while she came over to order more drinks for her friends and started our conversation from there.

It's been ten months since we're officially dating, and we agreed that we should take things slow about revealing our relationship to the public. Scarlett knows how crazy it can be and wants to protect me for as long as possible.

It was all sunshine and rainbows in the beginning. We loved the excitement it brought when we were sneaking around, sharing secret kisses and sly touches whenever we were with friends and in public. But soon, it gets tiring, and the stolen moments are no longer enough. I just didn't think it'd happen so fast.

We did sit down and had several serious discussions about this, but it always seems that we can't compromise, and I know we're both getting frustrated. Whenever I think we are getting nowhere in this relationship, Scarlett always manages to convince me to hold on a little longer. Promising she'll work something out soon, which I've no idea how soon.

My brother, in fact, has been warning me a relationship built under secrets is hopeless. Deep inside me, I know it. I just didn't want to face it. I don't want to lose her. I was ready to be her secret lover for as long as she wished me until I saw a particular photo.

Her photo of her out with Colin Jost seems like she is on a date. Looking too cozy for their good, sitting too close for their comfort. I feel my heart sink as I look at the photos and read the article. I trust her. I really do. I know she won't cheat on me, but with the pictures, I really don't know what to think.

I pushed down the uneasy feeling bubbling up, not wanting to jump to any conclusions. Communication before the conclusion, right? But I know the feeling too well. I see the look. She used to look at me like that too.

I'm now sitting on the couch in her living room, staring at the ceiling, waiting for her to return. She was supposed to be back an hour ago for the movie date night she promised, but she's nowhere to be seen. These days, the only thing she's good at is breaking promises.

I heard the fumbling of keys before the doors opened, and Scarlett walked in, not noticing me sitting in the dark as she switched on the lights, "Holy shit! You scared me, Yn! What are you doing here?" She kicks off her shoes, clutching to her heart.

I scoffed. Seriously? What am I doing here? Not only was she late, but she was breaking her promise. She even forgot them. "Yn?" She looks at me, confused, as she walks to the kitchen to get a drink.

"Fuck it. I can't do this now," I sigh in defeat, deciding not wanting to fight today. I stood up, grabbed my things, and prepared to leave the house. Before I could open the door, Scarlett grabbed my wrist to stop me.