Chapter 18- Safety

YN'S POV
It has been a hell of a night from the moment I got the call from Em informing me of the situation in Scarlett's house. From me rushing to my jet, to me pacing around anxiously out of worry, and getting my chauffeur to floor his accelerator to get to Scarlett as fast as possible after I landed.

I can't imagine how terrified and helpless she is, the person she trusted most betrays her trust by using her daughter. After the incident last week, I thought I was mad, I mean I am mad, mad at her, but most importantly mad at myself that I couldn't help her out of this hole.

This may not be the best way to put it but I'm thankful for this situation, to finally let her see how a jackass her husband or should I say soon-to-be ex-husband is.

I sigh to myself, partly relieved that both of them are here with me another part worrying at how all of this is taking a toll on Scarlett. She already has so much on her plate, besides the custody lawsuits, she now has a restraining order to apply for and maybe a divorce.

Though I think, applying for the restraining order against Colin will help with the custody case since Mr. Dauriac's main objective isn't taking Rose away from her mum. He just wants to ensure his daughter is safe, and if Colin is out of the picture he won't have any reason to pursue custody anymore.

A series of squeals distracts me from my thoughts, I turn to look from my couch and I see Rose squealing in laughter running down the stairs half-naked, with Scarlett dressing in her Pjs chasing after Rose as fast as she could with her pregnant tummy.

I chuckle to myself, shaking my head before standing up to catch Rose and spinning her around. I turn to look at Scarlett with Rose in my arms and already find her looking at us with a fuzzy smile and a look I can't describe, it makes me feel warm all over.

"Where do you think you're going without your clothes, young lady." I tickle her sides as she tries to wriggle out of my arms.

"I want you to help change my Pjs" Rose squeals with laughter.

"Of course, I will always change your Pjs, all you need to do is to ask, princess. No running away from your mama ok? She's a little... heavy." I cooed at the little child as I bring her up to a room I've got someone to set up for her stay, chuckling at the small protest from Scarlett walking in front.

"There. You're all set, now get your cute little butt on the bed and let your mama tuck you in!" I smile widely as I ruffle her hair, stepping aside for Scarlett to prepare to tuck her daughter in.

'Yn, can you please stay until I fall asleep? And I want a goodnight kiss too!" Rose scrambles onto the bed, slipping underneath the covers and looking at me with her puppy dog eyes. How can I say no to such an adorable face?

"Of course, flower princess. Can't say no when you've got your mama's eyes." I walk over tucking her in, settling down on her left side, whispering the last part not wanting Scarlett to hear it before she settles on Rose's right side, patting her to sleep.

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
there's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby

Scarlett starts singing softly, while I look at her amazed. I mean I do know she can sing, but watching her sing to her daughter in this, I don't know, in this very family vibe setting is making my heart flutter and warm. We're just like a family.

Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream,
Really do come true

I softly sing along, stroking my hand through Rose's hair. I smile as I see her eyes flutter a bit before shutting fully.