Chapter 44- Rewarding

18th November 2021

Scarlett's POV
My legs bounce with nerves while Frankie works his magic on my face. It's my first official appearance after giving birth to Corey to receive the American Cinematheque Awards. All in all, I'm excited to be attending this event with Yn by my side.

This is probably my first official event with her after dating. No doubt there have already been rumors flying since we became affiliated, but both of us decided that we owe no one any explanations for our private lives and decided not to address it at all.

Even if we ignore them for most of the parts, the pictures from our picnics two months ago more or less confirm our relationship. At least the pictures are cute, and they blurred out the kid's face. I guess they know better than to try to go against the most prestigious lawyer family.

Frankie's voice breaks me out of my thoughts, "And... you are done. Perfect." he looks at me, grinning.

"Thank you, Frank." I smile as I admire myself in the mirror, and Yn walks in with a clothing bag in her hand.

She gives a low whistle and shamelessly checks me out in my robe, grinning widely. "Looking good, baby Jo. As much as you look smoking hot in your robe, you should wear something more ceremony-friendly."

"Robe fashion is just for my eyes." she bends down, whispering in my ear while looking straight into my eye through the mirror.

My body shudders involuntarily at her tone, and I gulp. I hear a few snickers behind me before Yn speaks up again. "If you don't mind, I bought you a suit because you're the woman of the hour tonight."

"Tailored just for you from Versace." Yn steps back and unwraps the clothing bag, revealing a white backless suit jacket and pants, and I gasp.

Turning around immediately, I rush towards the beautiful piece of art. Yn smiles at me before gesturing to try it on, which I do without any objections. The material feels smooth on my skin, and the measurement fits nicely.

I wouldn't be surprised if Yn had it all planned to take it off me when she gave me this suit piece, highlighting all my curves perfectly. The silver inner piece is translucent, allowing people to imagine what's underneath it. However, they'll never find out unless they're Yn.

Once satisfied, I stroll out of the changing room, wanting to put on a show for Yn. With an amused smile, I watch Yn physically gulp, taking in how I look in the clothing she bought, her eyes widening and jaw slacking.

She opens up her arm to grab my hands and twirls me around, chuckling softly. "You look absolutely ravishing, my love."

"No thanks to you," I whisper, blushing.

Pulling me close by my waist, Yn husks. "I'll take you as dessert later tonight as my reward for myself." kissing me so softly, behind my ear, just below my jaw. I probably won't notice it if my nerves are not so hypersensitive to her now.

"I think I've outdone myself. Don't you guys think so?" Yn addressed the team that was busy taking pictures of us.