Part 15 - Say it Again

It's 2 days later, it might or might not be the day Tony will call me again. It may be the next day or the day after that. I can never be sure with him. He probably has plans and thoughts of his own for the matter.

I'm at work, a couple of hours left for my shift to end. I'm not expecting any surprises at work from Tony. He did that twice already and I have the feeling he's going to approach me in a different way this time.

"Zoe, can you come here, please?" my manager calls me.

"Coming" I say and start my way over there.

He just got off the phone and is sitting behind his desk. That usually means he got a delivery order from someone he knows.

"I got an order from Tony Stark. I believe you're the reason he's been seen around our shop lately" he sounds happy.

"I know him, but maybe he just likes the coffee here" I don't want to take all the credit.

"I have to thank you either way" he smiles at me.
"And I think you should go help with the delivery since you know him"

"Did he ask for me?" I ask curiously.

"Not exactly but he implied it, or I think he did. He definitely asked me to give you his regards" he replies.

"But I don't do deliveries, I only serve here" I sound confused.

"The delivery will need extra hands, believe me. The man just ordered 300$ worth of coffee" he chuckles.

"Oh my God" I say shocked.

"Also, I think it will be good for us. I have a strong feeling that he will tip more if you go" he says playfully.

"Okay, I'll talk with the others about my tables" I nod.

"By the time the coffees are ready and you go there it'll almost be the end of your shift. You don't have to come back" he smiles at me.

"Thank you very much" I smile back.

Tony definitely planned this. I'm sure. By the time we arrived at the Avengers tower it was more than an hour after the order. Of course they were informed it would take us so much time. I helped the rest of the delivery crew with the coffees, leaving them on the ground floor with some people. The tip was indeed enormous for the amount they paid, but of course no one complained. Then they left to go back to work and I stayed here. I didn't have to wait more than 2 minutes before Tony appeared.

"Fancy seeing you here" he says smirking.

"Well, you know, the crew needed help" I smile.

"Do you want a coffee? We have plenty" he jokes.

"No, thank you, I'm good" I refuse kindly.

"Let's go upstairs, we can use some privacy" he suggests and I nod.

We walk together to the elevator and get in with a few more people. They all get out before us since our floor is significantly higher. When we arrive I notice it's a different floor than the one we stayed at the night of the party. It's more like an office floor but there aren't many people here.

"Is this where you work?" I ask looking around.

"I work from everywhere but this is one of my offices. The most peaceful one I have actually. Not a lot of people have access to this floor" he says as we walk past many offices.

I can tell where we're heading. There's an office standing out of all the rest. But before we can reach it someone interrupts us.

"I need you to sign these files as soon as possible" she says to Tony.