Part 76 - The Battle

Everything was ready for the big fight. Tony worked with the Avengers and other heroes for days, learned about the plan and of course used his genius brain to come up with more ideas and helpful suggestions. Oh, and let's not forget time travel. He really only needed this little amount of time and the motivation to bring back all these people to make time travel possible.

"So, I should be leaving any moment now" he nervously says, looking at me.

My eyes are showing my true feelings, I'm not even trying to hide them. I'm so stressed, afraid and worried about this fight. Even my breathing is short and deep and along with my extreme heartbeat I'm sure Tony can tell exactly what I'm feeling.

"Come back to me, alright?" I ask and feel my eyes getting hot and teary.

"I will" he sounds more emotionally stable than I am.

He opens his arms and I dive into them, wrapping my arms around him to share a very long and loving hug. He moves his hands up and down my back softly and then plays with the back of my hair even softer. I'm pulling him into me as much as I can, not really wanting to let him go. But I have to.

"If anything happens to me, JAR-" he starts speaking but I stop him.

"I know, Tony. And I really don't want to have this conversation right now" I gulp.

This is not the first time he gives me the if something happens to me JARVIS will inform you immediately talk.

"I love you" he says quietly and pulls me in with both of his hands on my face for a kiss on my head.

"I love you so much" I reply and kiss his lips slowly.

It's such a beautiful kiss. For those few seconds I actually felt great and forgot about the fact that it could be the last kiss we share.

Tony then moves closer to Morgan, who's playing with her toys on the floor. He drops to her level and for a few seconds just looks at her and asks her questions about what she's playing with.

"Daddy loves you so much, you know that, right?" he asks and I can hear the nostalgia in his voice.

"I love you, too" she replies innocently and makes both me and Tony tear up by the way she hugs him with all her heart.

Tony hugs her tightly with both of his arms and closes his eyes, enjoying the moment at its fullest. Then he breathes out heavily and kisses her repeatedly on her forehead and cheeks.

"Do you have to go?" she asks.

"I do, I'm sorry" he replies after taking a few seconds to think about it.

"Will you bring me ice cream when you come back?" she smiles.

"I'll bring you anything you want" Tony smiles back at her and brushes her hair with his hand.

I wipe the tears from my cheeks and stay as calm as I can to hug him one more time. He looks at both of us again and takes a mental picture of this moment to keep with him during this awfully dangerous day.

I catch myself shaking when Tony starts flying away. If anything happens to him today it's also partly my fault, I could've stopped him. I go inside and find comfort with another equally important person in my life, Morgan.

We waited together for updates from Tony. She didn't know of course what he's really doing but whenever he had time between making plans with the other Avengers he kept sending me updates and that way we new he was safe. For now at least.

A few hours later and all I know is that they're trying to bring everyone back. They're going to use Tony's time travel system but I know it can't be as easy as Tony made it sound like. I was looking at my phone all the time, anxious for any kind of news. That's why I jumped from my seat when I saw Tony calling me.