Part 30 - Away

It's been 5 days since Tony left with the team. My feelings are very divided on this. I'm happy he's still well and not too hurt because of the constant fights but I'm scared to death every time he misses one of my calls or when he doesn't show me a sign of life for a while. We talk everyday which helps with my anxiety a lot and also helps me calm down. I'm seriously terrified of something happening to him.

He, on the other hand, seems relaxed every time we speak. He's obviously injured most of the times but he says it's nothing to worry about. His pretty face all bruised up all the time is making me sad. And horny, but that's something completely different. He's just so oddly attractive when he's injured.

"Hey, baby" I say happily when he picks up the video call.

"Hey, what's going on? You look amazing" he comments on my outfit.

"It's Sophie's birthday, I told you yesterday" I reply.

"Right. Sorry, I forgot" I shakes his head.

"It's okay, how are you?" I ask softly and take a seat somewhere.

"Great" he smiles at me.

"Tony, I can see your face, it doesn't look great"

"Now that's a first" he chuckles.

"You know what I mean" I say.

"I know, baby. I promise I'm fine" he replies but I can see he's struggling a bit.

"Show me your whole outfit" he says with excitement.

I go in front of a mirror and show him what I'm wearing. It's a dress, not too short, not too long. It's dark red and my make up also suits it. I haven't decided which shoes to wear yet so I show him my options.

"Which ones?" I ask him.

He knows his style so asking him for advice when I get dressed is always something I take under consideration.

"The middle ones definitely. I wouldn't even take them off to f*ck you" he says smirking.

"Come on, Tony" I hear a voice complaining from his side of the phone.

"Shut up, Rogers" Tony replies immediately.

"I didn't know we weren't alone" I say blushing.

"Ignore him, you look stunning" he compliments me.

"Thank you" I smile.

"When are you coming back?" I ask seriously.

"I'm hopeful that we'll be done with everything in the next couple of days. I believe in 4 days max we'll be back" he explains calmly.

"Be careful with the fights" I say sadly.

"You know it" he smiles at me kindly.

"Stark, Rogers we have to move" another voice comes from his background.

"I have to go, love you" he says after sighing.

"I love you, let me know when you're back safe again" I say and he nods.

We hang up and I continue getting ready. My mind is on Tony of course. He said he's hoping to be back in 4 days max so I must be hopeful too. Today, though, is Sophie's day. I can't let my worries ruin it for her. After a while I leave my place to go find her and the other people she has invited for her birthday at the club.

"Happy birthday!" I say loudly and hug her tightly.

"Thank you, I'm so happy you're here" she hugs me back.

I greet the others as well and we order our first drinks. I'm so happy to see her enjoying her birthday like this. She never threw a party for her own graduation so this is a double occasion for her to party. Or maybe even triple. She's in a healthy relationship with Alex for so long and they seem happy and cute together.