Part 50 - Partners in Crime

"JARVIS, give me the status, buddy" Tony speaks.

"98%, sir"

Tony nods his head and looks at the time. He's ready to go fight Beck, or as he's now called...Mysterio. I'm so nervous, I'm not going to lie and I'm not going to hide it. He was extremely hurt last time.

"Are you sure you shouldn't call the Avengers or someone?" I bite my lip nervously.

"I'm sure, I can handle him on my own" he says confidently.

"Besides, Rhodey will be also there. Can't get him off my back this time" he complains.

"Don't be rude, he's there to protect you. Also, I feel better when you're not alone out there" I sigh

Tony smiles nicely and steps towards me only to embrace me warmly and give me a passionate kiss. He then moves my hair out of my face and holds my cheeks with his palms.

"I don't want you to worry, I'll be fine" he comforts me.

"But last time-"

"Last time I didn't know what I was dealing with, this is different" he interrupts me.

"Okay" I nod.

"99%" JARVIS speaks again.

"I'll be back for dinner, make whatever you desire. Or even tell me to bring take out when I'm done" he makes me chuckle.

"I won't tell you to bring anything, I can just use one of your credit cards when you're fighting" I tease him.

"You know they're all yours" he smiles.

"Just be careful, I love you" I pull him closer to my body.

"I will. I love you, too" he finishes his words and pulls me in for a longer kiss this time.

"You guys look like two seals fighting over a grape" we hear Rhodey from the living room.

"What a mood breaker" Tony complains.

"100%, sir"

"Let's kick some a*s" Tony claps his hands two times.

Both him and Rhodey go outside and I have the pleasure of watching them wearing their suits at the same time. Of course Tony's is nanotech which means it's a lot faster, so he finds the opportunity to tease Rhodey about it. He approaches me one more time to connect our lips and the kiss lasts for a few seconds as we both make the most out of it.

"Be safe, I don't want this to be our last kiss" I tell him.

"It won't be. I'll be back before you know it" Tony winks before closing his helmet.

Within seconds they've started flying and they're far away. Minutes later I can't even spot them. I turn around and see Pepper standing behind me, also looking their way. She's lived a lot more situations than I have so she probably knows how I'm feeling.

"He'll be okay" she reassures me.

"I hope so" I exhale deeply.

We go back inside together and nervously sit around and wait for updates. It doesn't take long for the media to find out what's happening and start transmitting to every channel footage about the fight. Of course, though, we have a better ally. JARVIS.

JARVIS has updates from Tony that are much more reliable and fast. Although, seeing plans of the actual fight from the TV isn't something I'm ignoring. There's one plan of him getting hit very heavily with something and he's staying down for a few seconds.

I gasp and stand on my feet immediately, but thankfully he regains his strength and gets back up again. I hold hands with Pepper as we wait impatiently for more news and we both scream when we unexpectedly hear JARVIS.