Part 72 - The Ceremony

"Where is he?" I hear my dad's angry voice coming through the hallway.

I wake up immediately and see Tony's naked back flat on the bed. This stupid genius fell asleep in here last night.

"If I find him in there I swear he's done!" my dad says and I panic.

My first thought is to gasp and throw Tony off the bed without thinking about it much.

"What the-" he starts to speak.

"Stay down" I say and hide under the sheets.

The door of the bedroom opens and I see my dad's figure. He looks around carefully and I make sure to show him I'm awake.

"Dad! What are you doing?" I ask loudly.

"I can't find Tony, I thought he was in here" he replies and starts walking around the room.

"Well, he's not. Now get out of here, I'm naked" I lie and he nods, quickly getting out.

"You're naked?" I hear Tony's voice, who's still on the floor.

"No, you idiot" I groan and throw his pillow at him to cover his face.

"You weren't supposed to sleep here" I say.

"I'm sorry, I just fell asleep" he apologizes.

"Sneak out somehow and don't look at me!" I say and hide under the sheets again.

He stands up and lies on top of my hidden body. He places a kiss on my forehead over the sheets and then also kisses my exposed hand.

"I love you" he says.

"I love you, too" I reply and then he leaves.

Once I'm alone I uncover myself and sigh deeply. I'm getting married!

First thing I did when I got up was to get in the bathtub and enjoy a very long, relaxing bubble bath. The house was full of women. Me, my mom, Sophie, Pepper, Natasha and a few professionals that are responsible of making me look as good as possible today.

It took us many hours to finally have my look ready. I got tears in my eyes just when I saw myself in the mirror. My dress is so beautiful, long and impressive. I had seen it before, sure. But now with the hair and make up everything's so much more perfect.

"Oh my God" my mom hugs me strongly.

"You look so pretty, I can't believe my eyes" Sophie speaks and also tears up.

More and more compliments keep coming my way and I find it more and more difficult to not cry. They're all so great and helpful, the day is going perfect by now.

"I need you all to stop, I'm going to cry" I giggle and try to shake my tears away.

"It's time for the photos anyway" Pepper says with a big smile.

There's a photographer with me and one with Tony. We want everything from today to be captured. We have many photos, all together or individually. I can't stop smiling and laughing, I'm having a great time.

We left for the ceremony once we were done with everything and that's when my heart started beating faster. My mom is with me in the limousine and notices my change of mood immediately.

"It's normal to be nervous, don't forget that. But everything's perfect and you have planned every little detail" she squeezes my hand.

"Thank you" I smile and breathe out.

"Do you think Tony had any problems getting ready?" I ask.

"No, I think he's waiting for you and he's just as handsome as ever" she smiles at me.