Part 78 - Savior

"ZOE!" I hear his voice again, screaming out of his lungs.

Everything feels like slow motion. The blade falling down towards me is scaring me completely, my stomach tightens and my heart races. I quickly look at Tony and see him throwing the infinity gauntlet at Thor. Before I can see more I feel so much pressure against me, the blade crushing my suit.

"NOOO" Tony screams again and flies towards me.

He aggressively blasts the alien away and within seconds of fighting and using his best tools and skills he takes him down. He then comes over to me, I'm still lying down and feeling a lot of pain. He kneels down and opens my mask, followed by his opening automatically.

"Baby? Talk to me, are you okay?" he asks nervously.

"I'm fine" I answer, panting.

"JARVIS, vitals" Tony speaks and waits carefully.

"There's an open wound in the abdomen, not dangerous" we hear JARVIS and I cough.

"I've got you, stay with me" he says and helps me out of my suit.

We feel a powerful wave of energy and Tony hovers over me to protect me. Thanos and his army all fall down, indicating that we won and the fight is over. Tony uses his suit to cover my wound with some tissue temporarily and then helps me be comfortable on the ground.

"STRANGE!" he shouts for Stephen.

"Don't go" I grab him before he goes away.

"I must find Stephen, he needs to get you back home" he explains.

"Stay here" I say quietly.

"Okay" he sits down with me and pulls me in his arms softly.

"Thank you" I say and relax under his touch.

"Are you feeling alright?" he asks me.

"Just a little tired" I gulp.

"We'll be back soon" he kisses my head.

"Strange, where the hell are you?" he yells again.

"I'm fine, relax for a minute" I reassure him.

"As long as you're fine" he replies and kisses my head softly.

We exhale together and stay in each other's arms for a while, catching our breaths. Everyone is doing the same, there are heroes and allies resting everywhere. Everyone needs a big break after this fight.

"What's going on here? Are you two alright?" we hear a familiar voice.

"We're fine"

"Zoe's injured" we reply at the same time.

"Injured where? Let me check it out"

"It's nothing, really. Thank you, Natasha" I smile at her.

"Are you okay?" Tony asks for confirmation, we can see that she looks fine.

"Yes" she reassures us.

"Can you find Strange for me? We need to get back home immediately" Tony asks.

"Of course" Natasha smiles back and pats both our shoulders.

"Tony, are you feeling fine? I know this was a lot for you to handle" I ask nicely.

"I'll be great once I make sure you're healthy" he hugs me tighter.

"Forget about me, I'm fine. I'm asking about you, physically and mentally" I turn my head to look at him.

"I'm fine" he nods.

He brings his face closer to mine and I lean into him to give him a slow meaningful kiss. When we break it and I turn my head normally again I see Stephen standing there awkwardly, waiting for us to pull apart.