Part 17 - The Lab

Tony has been a little distant the last few days. Not because something happened with us, but because there was a superhero issue and he was busy. The fight was not a big one, it was over pretty soon and it was also a few of days ago. What is keeping Tony so distant is the fact that he hasn't left the lab in days.

He texts me back every now and then during the day but I know he's not fine. Even if he says he is. So I decided to visit him at home and see for myself how he's doing. The door opens automatically and I step in, immediately looking for him. I call his name a few times in case he appears and I finally hear footsteps. But it's not him.

"He's downstairs, good luck with him" Pepper shakes her head as she walks past me.

"Thank you...?" I reply confused.

I walk further inside the house and when I start going downstairs I can hear some music playing louder and louder. I reach the door to the lab but it's password protected. I knock on the door a lot of times until I actually get his attention. The music didn't help with that at all. I see him saying something and then the door opens and the music gets more silent.

"Zoe, what a beautiful surprise" he says.

"Tony, how are you?" I ask when I approach him.

"I'm great, very productive, I have so many ideas" he speaks quickly.

He leans into me and connects our lips. It's so nice feeling them after so many days.

"When was the last time you took a shower?" I ask, obviously referring to his not so clean look and smell.

"Ouch, I remember you more polite than this" he jokes.

"I'm sorry, I haven't seen you lately and I'm worried" I walk around the lab a bit.

I haven't been down here before. The place looks massive and generally great. If it wasn't for the mess Tony has made I'd also say it's very beautiful. There are little pieces everywhere from what I assume to be Iron Man suits, cups of coffee, broken glass on the floor.

"So, this is where you make the Iron Man suits"

"Indeed, this is where the magic happens" he smiles.

"Come, look at this" he says and I follow him.

He shows me a corner with all the Iron Man suit collection. Well, not all of them, but still a lot of them. I reach and touch every single one of them. I'm very amazed and for all these minutes I actually forgot what I was here for. But now I'm back to my senses.

"Tony, you look tired" I say and he sighs.

"I'm not" he says and reaches for a cup of coffee but when he tries to drink he notices it's empty.

"Have you slept at all? Or had some food?" I'm concerned.

"You sound like Pepper and Rhodes" he says annoyed.

"That's good. It means we all care" I reply confidently.

"Baby, really, I'm fine. I'll work on this thing for a bit and I promise to take care of myself right after" he says calmly and starts walking towards one of his many screens to continue working.

"You still haven't answered me" I remind him of my previous questions.

"I've been drinking my chlorophyll drinks and I've had 4 solid hours of sleep" he smiles trying to fool me.

"4 hours today?" I ask, knowing it can't be true.

"4 hours the last 3 days" he says and looks at the screen, ready to start working again.

I roll my eyes now that he can't see me and walk towards him. He can't seriously think I'll let this go so easily.

"I saw that" he says when I reach him.

"And you'll let it go?" I smirk, thinking of a plan to get him out of the lab.

He smirks slightly and actually takes his eyes off the screen. I'm impressed. He turns his body around and rests against the desk by his waist. I go in front of him and wrap my arms around his neck. His hands immediately touch my back, stroking me playfully.

"You're so naughty when you want" he says smiling.

I lean down into him and claim his lips. I was sure he wouldn't miss the opportunity to heat things up. And I was right. He gladly accepted my kisses and kept on being more and more devoted to them. We haven't slept with each other in like a week, I'm sure that's more than a lot for Tony to be driven by his urges.

"Let's take this to the shower, I'm not sleeping with you like this" I say in between kisses and he nods.

He doesn't need more than 30 seconds to stand up and get us outside the lab. I feel proud having him with me all the way to the shower. The water starts falling and when it's the right temperature we step in, naked. I love making out with him under the warm water. It feels so calm and relaxing.

I don't let Tony do anything to me no matter how playful his hands start getting. Instead, I squeeze him nicely and stroke him until he's fully erected. He needs to let his body relax and after he releases some tension it will beg for some sleep. I stroke him faster and earn the first moans from him.

"Tighter" he groans and I do as he asks.

I grab him even tighter and continue with the same fast tempo as earlier. His hands both touch me. One of them grabs my a*s and the other pulls me in by my cheek to kiss me. It takes a few minutes of heated making out and me playing with him until he releases himself.

"No" I say cutely and grab his wrist when his fingers touch my slit, ready to get to work.

"I can't leave you hanging" he says and kisses me with lust.

I admit I left my guard down for a minute here and let him rub me beautifully while making out. But that was only a minute.

"Tony, seriously, I don't want to" I say calmly and see his eyes getting softer.

"Okay" he agrees and kisses me with both his hands on my cheeks.

We clean each other up and wrap ourselves with towels when we're done. Once we're dressed again Tony says something about going back to the lab but I manage to get him to sit down with me on the couch for a bit after asking him nicely.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him.

"Better, a lot better. One cup of coffee and I'll be ready to roll again" he replies.

"I'm a little bit tired, do you mind lying down with me for 5 minutes? You can go back downstairs once I'm asleep" I say and pretend to rub my eyes.

"Sure, come here" he wraps his arms around me and gently lets our bodies fall on the couch.

If it was a regular couch we wouldn't be comfortable but since we're in Tony's house this couch can fit us just fine and it's also very comfortable. We're facing each other with our eyes closed and for the first couple of minutes we're silent. Then I hear Tony yawn and smile to myself.

"I know what you're doing" he says, finally figuring out what my plan was all along.

"It took you long enough" I reply smiling.

"It's not going to work...I'll be up in 5 minutes...and I'll...continue...my work" he says with big pauses, clearly falling asleep.

"Yeah" I smile and caress his fluffy hair.

He looks so pretty even when he's sleeping. The way his chest is rising and then falling due to his breathing is making me extremely happy. I close my eyes and try to fight the urge to play with his slightly wet hair even more, because if I wake him up after all this effort I'll hate myself. So, I allow myself to relax and I fall asleep with him next to me. My favorite sleeping position ever.