Part 68 - It's a Pleasure

I hear my alarm and groan by myself on the bed since obviously Tony's missing. My parents being here hasn't messed up with his schedule, he woke up both mornings very early and got lost in the lab. Today, though, he should know that we're supposed to visit Stark Industries and be ready to leave his lab when it's necessary.

When I'm ready and go downstairs, I find my parents enjoying some coffee with Tony. I'm very surprised at the sight but in a good way. Tony stands up when he sees me and smiles nicely while approaching me.

"You look beautiful" he says and pecks my lips.

"Thank you, love" I smile warmly.

"Take a seat, I'll bring you some coffee" he says and I nod.

I sit next to my mom on the kitchen table and moments later Tony comes back with a fresh cup of coffee and hands it to me along with a kiss on my head. There's also breakfast ready so we dive in now that we're all together.

"Tony, you're working so hard, you have to eat something" my mom says.

"Thank you for your concern but sometimes I don't eat breakfast. Coffee is enough for me at mornings like those" he smiles kindly.

"Anthony, I'm not taking no as an answer" she says and looks at him more intensely.

His full name probably caught him off guard coming from my mother and that's why he raised his eyebrows and grinned amusingly. I chuckle and see him grab a plate for himself, joining us.

"Get used to it, Tony. This is what marriage is like" my dad jokes and pats Tony's back.

Tony laughs and we share some eye contact, both of us shaking our heads. When we were done we all got ready and drove to Stark Industries together. The shock on their faces was just as visible as when they visited the house for the first time.

"This is my office" I say when we reach it and step in.

My parents follow me and look around with their mouths open. Tony is the last one to get in but it's no big deal, he has seen this office a million times. My dad notices that I have a picture of us 3 framed and he takes it in his hands.

"You have a picture of us?" he asks with the sweetest voice ever.

"Of course I do. I have a picture of everyone important" I smile.

He rests it back on top of my desk right where it was. Between a picture of me and Sophie and a picture of me and Tony. I smile widely as I look at all of them together. Yes, definitely the most important people in my life.

"Ms. Reeves, I didn't know you were coming in today" one of my coworkers says in shock when she gets in the office.

"I'm just visiting" I explain.

"Since you're here, can I ask you something work related real quick? I promise I won't take much of your time" she sounds shy.

"Of course" I agree.

"Please, excuse me for a moment" I say to Tony and my parents.

I get closer with the coworker and listen to what she has to say. It's something considering a project that we're working on as a team currently. I admit I've seen many requests and suggestions from other coworkers about it but I've been too busy and anxious about the wedding to focus on that completely.

Indeed our conversation lasts only a handful of minutes and when I turn my attention back to my parents and Tony they're all looking at me with proud smiles and eyes. I seriously can't tell who looks more emotional.

"Don't look at me like that" I giggle and look at the floor.

"We're just so proud of you, sweetheart. All of us" my dad speaks nicely.