Part 77 - Hold On

"Where is he?" I ask immediately when we arrive at the battlefield.

"Follow me carefully" he replies.

He shows me the way and makes sure to take down everyone and everything that attacks us in the way. He only has to move his fingers like a beautiful choreography and instantly his magic takes over and easily protects us. I also use the suit and the skill I've developed these last years to join Stephen and help us make our way to Tony successfully.

I can now spot him and the Iron Man suit in action. He's in the middle of a big mess with a lot of other heroes, some of which I recognize and some of which I don't. Stephen stops me before we get too close and tells me to wait here carefully. But before he can even finish his sentences I see Tony flying right towards us.

It's behind Stephen's back and that's why he doesn't see Tony attack him. Tony grabs him in his hands and removes his mask to show his face. He is sweaty and seems tired but most of all he seems angry.

"What the f*ck were you thinking?" he hisses at Stephen aggressively.

"Tony, hear me out" Stephen tries to be reasonable.

"I will NOT hear you out! You brought my wife here, are you insane?" he says and grips Stephen's clothes tighter.

"She needs to be here, Tony" he insists.

"No, she doesn't" Tony finally lets go of Stephen and grabs me by my hand.

He flies away with me but before we have the chance to go far Stephen opens a portal and makes us return to our previous position. Tony tries again but it still has the same outcome, making him very upset.

"Why don't you do something actually helpful with that instead of playing games with me?" Tony exhales sharply and walks towards Stephen.

"I'm not playing games with you. I've seen the futures, Zoe needs to be here" he explains.

"I swear, if you don't bring her back to our daughter I'm going to use this" he says and loads up his hand armor.

"Tony! We don't have time for this" I say but he still keeps threatening Stephen.

A few aliens from Thanos' army come towards us so I fly over aggressively and use my lasers to take them down within seconds. When I turn around both Tony's and Stephen's faces are shocked, Tony might even be considered excited.

"That's my wife" he says proudly.

I chuckle, seeing how even for a few seconds he's back to his usual amusing self. But it doesn't last for long, he's back to his serious and scared self within seconds.

"Baby, you can't be here. What if something happens to you?" he asks me quietly.

"What if something happens to you because I'm not here? Stephen said I need to be here so I believe him" I explain.

"Stephen doesn't care about us being alive, he cares about the multiverse. I care about you and I'm telling you that you're not safe here" he rests his forehead against mine since he opened my helmet to see each other better.

"I'm not changing my mind, Tony. I need to be here, I'm not leaving you alone" I say and he sighs.

"If anything happens to her, even a scratch, I'm coming for you" he turns to Stephen and threatens him one more time.

"I know, I've seen this conversation millions of times" Stephen replies sarcastically.

"In how many of those do I attack you for joking about my wife's well being?" Tony takes another step closer to him.