Barbatos x Dead/Human!Reader

A/N: Credit to the artist on the pic. Some notes: Y/N = you, M/C= not you(Feel free to make one up).

" There. That should be the last of the paperwork." I said as i put the stack away. Today was a quiet day at the castle. The young master and Lucifer are away at the private beach so I'm here catching up on all the things I needed to catch up on. I did ask the young master if he wanted me to come with him but he said that I should take a day off too and relax at the castle.

" What should I do now?" I asked myself. The castle was already clean and the food was already prepared for when the young master returned home. " Maybe I could organize my room a bit. It's always neat but I never really go through my stuff." I said. I went downstairs and grabbed some cleaning supplies. I brought them back up to my room and started to clean.

" I never knew how dusty my room could get. I should probably clean it more often." I said. As I was cleaning my closet. I came across an old box. " What's this?" I asked myself. I took the box and put it on my desk. " I don't remember this box. Did I leave it in that closet for a reason?" I thought. I opened the box and started rummaging through its contents.

Inside was a bunch of old pictures and souvenirs. " I remember now! This is where I put my most treasured items from trips and adventures I've been on." I said. I picked up an old photo album and flipped through it. " These are all pictures from my first term at RAD." I said. The young master gifted the album to me when we graduated from our first term.

I also found a pair of ice skates from when I was little. " I used to go skating with my grandfather all the time." I said. I kept looking and found a bunch of things that brought me back to the past. " Why did I ever hide this box away?" I thought. I then stopped when I got to one of the items. At the bottom of the box was a beautiful white feather. An angel feather.

It shined as bright as the sun and was as soft as a cloud. My hand was shaking when I picked it up. " That's why I hid this box. I didn't want to remember him/her." I said. I then looked at my closet door. " Maybe a trip down memory lane will do me some good." I said. I put the feather in my pocket and walked to the closet door. I closed my eyes and thought of one of my forgotten memories.

I opened the door and walked through. It brought me back to the time the memory took place. The year 1992. I was in an old shopping plaza. This is from when I came to the human world with the young master's father. He asked me to accompany him on a trip. During a certain day, he told me to take some time for myself. So I did.

I stayed in the shadows since I couldn't be seen by my past self. Changing the past is a huge no-no. I looked around and spotted my past self.

Past Barbatos' POV

" Great. I'm lost. How in the world did I get lost?" I asked aloud. The young master's father told me to take a day off and spend some time by myself, but I got lost! " I'm such an idiot. I should've never left the Demon King's side." I said. I kept looking at the map I had with me.
" Was I supposed to turn here or here?" I asked myself. I was too distracted and ended up walking into someone. " I'm so sorry." I said.

I looked up to see who I walked into. It was a young man/woman. He/She has H/C hair and E/C eyes. They were wearing a high school uniform. " It's okay. More importantly, are you okay?" They asked, extending their hand to me. I took it and they helped me up. " I'm alright. " I said.
They circled around me with a smile.

" You're a tourist aren't you? We get them a lot around this time of year." He/She said. " What do you mean ' this time of year '?" I asked. " The festival of course. At night the streets are illuminated with a bright golden light, food can be smelt for miles, and the fireworks are absolutely amazing." They said.