Raphael x Angel!Reader

They never let go. It's why they did it all. For a chance at least to live in a way. The love you've shown is my most cherished thing. So stay alive, Y/N......

Rapheal's POV

" Take this!" I said as I threw some spears at my training partner. They dodged with ease. 
" Ha! I known all your moves Ralphy. You can't hit me." My training partner, Y/N, said.
" Tch, this angel. They always know how to get under my skin." I said with a smirk. Y/N and I have been friends since we were created. We train together, eat together, walk together, talk together, and basically do everything together. 

Our goal was to become Archangels together. We were supposed to take the test together but Y/N hurt their wings in a training accident and was unable to take the final test to become one. I ended up passing and becoming an Archangel. Y/N congratulated me but I could hear the sadness in their voice. Thankfully because of my position I was able to find out about another Archangel test and helped Y/N to score a spot in it.

It's in a few days so I've been helping their train. " You have to be faster. Everyone will have different levels of power and skill. If you fail, you'll never become an Archangel!" I said. I threw another spear and they caught it. " I will become an Archangel! Do you really think I'll break the promise we made to each other that day?!" She said. We glared at each other angrily but were interrupted when Y/N's stomach growled. I sighed. " Let's call it a day." I said. 

Y/N handed me back my spear and we went to get some food. " I know I've been asking you this a lot but are you sure tyou can't give me the info about the other testees?" Y/n asked with puppy dog eyes. I chuckled and shook my head. " You know I can't." I said. " But I'm your friend. Plus you're an Archangel. You have all the perks." Y/N said. " Y/N..." I said. " I'm joking. I'm joking. I know that would get you into a lot of trouble with Father." They said. I chuckled. 

" Oh by the way, I know you can't tell me about the other testees but what about the stuff going on with Lilith and the Brothers. I heard about her stunt with a human from Michael. He couldn't tell me too much but I was hoping you could tell me more. Lilith and I have been close since her creation. I would hate to see something bad happen to her." Y/N said. " I can't tell you too much but I know that Father isn't pleased. There's going to be a trial tomorrow that I have to attend with the other Archangels. It's open to the public but I have a feeling you'll be training for the test." I said. Y/N nodded. " I'll let you know what happens tomorrow when we train. But for now, all I can tell you is that it doesn't look good for Lilith." I said.

Y/N looked down. " I understand. Altering the life span of a human is forbidden. But hey, anyone would do anything for the one they love right?" Y/N said. " The one they love?" I said quietly as I stared at Y/N. " Ah, it's getting late. I think I'm going to head home." Y/N said. " L-Let me walk you there." I said. Y/N shook their head. " It's fine. You still haven't finished eating. Honestly, how can you stomach that stuff? It's so gross." They said. We waved goodbye to each other and Y/N flew off towards their house. " People would do anything for the person they love." I said.

Y/N's POV

" Ugh....he's late!" I said as I paced around the training ground. I checked my watch to double check the time. " The hearing should've gotten done a half an hour ago. He couldn't have forgotten right?" I said. Raphael was late. He's never late. He hates when people are late. I growled and sat down. " Idiot. Where is he?" I asked. I then heard something above me. I looked up to see Raphael flying towards me.

He landed a few feet away from me. " There you are. You're late! Looks like you'll have to run laps before we begin. We did say whoever was late would have to run fifty laps around the entire Celestial Realm." I said. But he didn't say anything back. I looked up to face him. There was worry in his eyes. " What's wrong?" I asked as I walked up to him. " Something happened." He said.