Diavolo x Maid!Reader

A/N: Credit to queenwick009 on this pic.

Y/N's POV

" Ahh!" I said as I tripped over one of the carpets. The cleaning solution that I was holding spilt everywhere. " Dammit Y/N. Must you always be such a klutz." The head maid, Dina, said. " I'm sorry. I clean it up." I said as I started cleaning. " You better. I'm not going to make anymore excuses for you to Barbatos." Dina said.

She walked out. I hit the ground with my fist. " Dammit. I'm so stupid." I said. I'm apart of the group of the lowest ranking demons. Therefore, we don't have the best life. I was abandoned by my parents when I was two and grew up in an orphanage. I was able to get a decent education, but I was rejected from RAD because of my rank.

I had no where to go. So I decided to get a job as a servant to the Demon King. I hate the idea of being a servant but I'd have a place to stay and meals everyday. I'm not the best servant either. I'm incredibly clumsy and mess up a lot. Barbatos gets pissed every time this happens. Dina, the head maid, always makes excuses for me. But she's fed up with it now.

If I mess up again, I'll be kicked out and left on the streets of Devildom. After I finished cleaning, I realized that it was time to go back to the servant barracks. I picked up my stuff and started walking back. I looked down the whole time. " I need to get my act together. If I don't, I'll be kicked out. Or even worse." I thought.

I was so lost in thought that I bumped into someone and fell to the floor. " Hey! Watch it!" I said. " I could say the same to you." They said. I looked up to see who I bumped into. I sat there in shock when I realized I bumped into the Demon Prince himself. Diavolo. " Ah! Master! I'm so sorry. I should've been paying attention. I'm sorry. Please don't kill me!" I said.

" Why would I kill you? It was an accident." He said. He got up and extended his hand to me. I took it and he helped me up. " It was also partly my fault. I should've been paying attention as well." Diavolo said. He gave a little chuckle. For some reason, my face started to heat up. " Are you okay? You're getting red." He said. " Um..yeah. It's just hot in here. Anyways, I have to get going. I'll see you tomorrow master." I said. I walked away. But I could still feel Diavolo's eyes on me.

The Next Day...

I woke up at the scedule wake up time for the servants and got ready for the day. What I didn't know, is that today would end differently than any other day. " Alright people. The masters has a busy day today. The Demon King is scheduled to meet with his advisors on the other end of the Devildom. Which means we have to attend to him before he leaves, while he's gone, and when he comes back. When he leaves is the most crucial since he expects everything to be in order. Young master Diavolo will be spending his day here. We'll have a separate group attending to him today." Dina said. But she was interrupted.

" That won't be necessary." Someone said. We all turned to see Barbatos, the personal servant of Diavolo. " Barbatos. What brings you here?" Dina asked. " My Lord Diavolo discussed it with the Demon King that today I'll be going with the Demon King on his trip today. In my absence, my Lord requested that Y/N will be his personal maid for the day." Barbatos said.

Everyone stood there in shock. " Why Y/N? I mean, I am the head maid after all." Dina said. She was acting differently. " He specifically requested Y/N. Are you going against the master's wishes?" Barbatos asked. He expression and demeanor changed. " No." Dina said. " Okay then. Y/N follow me if you will." Barbatos said. He regained his normal demeanor and led me out of the room.

" It was supposed to be me that the master always chose." I heard Dina say under her breath before I exited. Barbatos and I walked to the Master's room. On the way, he told me everything that I needed to know about the master. " All of my recipes for the master's favorite foods are in the top drawer in the kitchen. And his outfits from yesterday are to be washed while he's doing his paperwork." Barbatos said. " Thanks. You really know a lot about the master. I guess that's because you've been serving him for quite a while." I said.