Lucifer x Angel/Ex!Reader

Y/N's POV

Flashback

" Take that!" I said as I swung my sword at Lucifer. He dodge it and tried attacking me. But I flew away before he could land a hit. " Damn your speed." He said. I flapped my wings and made my way around him. I saw that he had a blind spot. " There." I thought. I flew down to attack him. But his armor shined as brightly as the sun and blinded me. I ended up missing the attack and falling to the ground. He then pinned me and put his sword up to my neck. " I win." He said.

He got off of me and helped me up. " You only won because your armor blinded me. Honestly that thing is as bright as the sun." I said. " That's why it's called the Armor of Light." He said. I shook my head and gave him a kiss on his cheek. " I'm gonna take a bath if you want to join me." I said. But he grabbed my wrist.

" Aren't you forgetting something?" He asked. " I already gave you a kiss, my love." I said. " Not that. Today marks one year since we became an official couple, so I decided to get you something." He said. " You got me a present?" I asked. Lucifer pulled a box out of his pocket and handed it to me. Inside was a necklace with a moon pendant. " It's beautiful." I said. " I saw it in the human world when I went last. I thought it would be a good gift." He said.

" I love it. Thank you." I said. I turned around and he put it on me. I looked at it. It shined brightly but paled in comparison to Lucifer's armor. " Thank you my love. " I said. We then kissed.
" Happy one year Y/N." He said.

End of Flashback

It's been over 500 years since I last saw Lucifer. A couple of days after our one year anniversary, his sister was condemned to death for her crimes of altering the life span of a mortal. Lucifer and his brothers rebelled and a war started. He wanted me to come over to his side but I refused. We argued and he officially declared me as an enemy. We fought on opposing sides and ended up fighting on the battlefield. I was the one who pushed his out of the heavens and down to the ground below.

I've felt so guilty for betraying the man I love. But that experience also made me see his true colors. Underneath all of that shine, he was nothing but a cold-hearted demon. Everything that belonged to him was locked away in his old room. Michael couldn't bare to get rid of anything of his. He still cares about them.

" Y/N, can you come here for a minute?" I heard Michael call. " Coming." I said. I saw him trying to fix his armor in the mirror. " I can't reach the strap. Can you help me?" He asked. I chuckled and tied the strap for him. " You are hopeless." I said. " Careful what you say my friend. I am still your superior." He said. I chuckled again. " So what is this important meeting about? You've been stressed about it for days." I said.

" Well I didn't want to tell you just in case it didn't happen but the council and I have been thinking about allowing you to wear and keep the Armor of Light." He said. I stood up in shock.
" What?" I asked. " It's still being debated but most of us feel like you would be the best candidate since you've trained with Lucifer when he wore it. So you know the best ways to keep yourself safe in it and properly train with it." He said.

" I'm sorry but I cannot accept." I said. " Why not?" He asked. " Because I'm not fit to wear that armor. Even though the demon who wore it was casted into the Devildom, I am in no position to wear it. I am but the moon, for the sun is long gone." I said. Michael sighed. " I'm sorry but the ultimate decision falls to our father. If he decides it, you must wear it." Michael said. He grabbed his weapon and flew off to the meeting.

I punched a nearby wall. " Dammit Lucifer. I'm still stuck in your shadow." I said. I didn't want to look at that cursed armor. " The only way to prevent me from wearing it is if I destroy it." I said. I flew off to where Lucifer's old bedroom used to be. Michale requested that the armor be kept inside since it originally belonged to Lucifer. I went up to the door and picked the lock. Once it was opened, I went inside.

The room felt so nostalgic. I've slept in it so many times before with Lucifer. Everything looked like how it once was before the Celestial War. Before he went down a darker path. I slowly walked around the room, looking for the Armor of Light. " Maybe they kept it on the old armor stand." I said. I opened up the armor closet and inside was the armor. The armor fell off of Lucifer when he fell from the heavens since he was now unfit to wear it.

" Time to destroy this." I said. I went to grab the armor when I found something shining in one of the hands of the gauntlets. I opened up the hand to reveal the moon pendant that Lucifer bought for me. " He had it with him?" I asked out of shock.

Flashback

I slapped Lucifer across the face out of anger. "Why did you do that? Why the hell did you speak against our father?!" I asked him. " Why does he get to be the one in charge? Why does he get to decide these rules? Why does he have to kill my sister?! It's unfair Y/N. There are so many things wrong with this place and with him. I will not stand for it any longer. I will not let my sister die!" He said.

" How could you Lucifer? Father trusted you the most and now you are going to betray him? What happened to you? You aren't the man I fell in love with." I said. " I've changed Y/N and you should too." He said. He extended his hand to me. " Join me Y/N. I don't want to fight you. I love you." He said. " And I thought I loved you. But now I see your true colors Lucifer. You're nothing but a monster. You're nothing but a demon." I said. Tears were streaming down my face.

He was shocked but looked down. " I see. Then from this day forward, you and I are enemies. I will not hesitate to kill you on the battlefield." He said. He then turned to leave. " Wait. You're going to want this back." I said. I took off my moon pendant and handed it to him. " Just forget about me. It will make killing me a lot easier." I said.

End of Flashback

Tears were streaming down my face. " Even after all this time, I still love you Lucifer." I said. I fell to my knees crying, clutching the moon pendant in my hand. I knew I couldn't destroy the armor now. However, a phrase came back to me that Lucifer said before he fell and I knew what I needed to do. I left the room with the pendant in my hand and walked to the edge of the Celestial Realm. The place I was at was the last place Lucifer and I saw each other. I could still remember it vividly.

Flashback

Blood stained every inch of the battlefield. Dead soldiers from both sides were stacked on top of each other. Lucifer and I fought close to the edge of the Celestial Realm. We were both exhausted, bleeding, and out of breath. We knew one of us would fall but we weren't sure who. This wasn't like a practice match. We wee both fighting with our full strength and were aiming to kill. But something turned the tide of the battle. Something that both of us didn't expect.

" Lilith!" We heard Belphegor call out. We both saw Lilith fall out of the sky and into the clouds below. Lucifer had a look of shock and sadness on his face. He looked defeated. The person whom he was trying to protect ended up falling from the sky with no hope of return. But I used this to my advantage. I managed to knock him off balance and push him over the side.
" World...forget me." I heard him say before he fell. I stood there in shock and watched him fall into the clouds. " What did I just do?" I asked myself.

End of Flashback.

" World...forget me." I said aloud. That was a message for me. To Lucifer, I was his entire world. And to me, he was mine. He wanted me to forget about him and live a happy life. However, I needed to let go of the past. I held out the necklace over to the side of the Celestial realm.
" Goodbye Lucifer." I said. I let go of the necklace and watched it fall into the clouds below.
I then looked up into the sky and saw Micael flying towards me. He had a look of excitement on his face. I knew from that look that I must've been chosen to inherit the Armor of Light. But even so, I am just the moon. For the sun is long gone.