2- CONTROL

"Alright let's go over the plan," Joker said for what felt like the one-thousandth time that night. Harley almost immediately rolled her eyes. "Why? I already know it, inside and out." She complained, tired of reciting such a bland and over talked plan. Joker folded his arms, looking at Harley with his trademark smile.

"Because if you want ya squeeze back then we're gonna have to plan nice Harley." He reminded. "After all, Scarecrow had what Harley wanted, he was in control of the whole situation, so they had to come up with some sort of back up. Joker usually wasn't a man with a plan or a direction when it came to these types of things, in fact, most of the time his ideas were spontaneous brain farts that he came up in the heat of the moment. Most of the time his plans were just for amusement. But this situation wasn't amusing, it was very serious. He had to be serious.

"That's no fun." Harley frowned, pouting her lips slightly. Joker smiled fondly. He put his hand underneath Harley's chin.

"I know." He said reassuringly, "but the plan." Joker reminded sternly. Harley sighed loudly but didn't protest.

"You go in alone, I climb through one of the open window shafts in a separate room," Harley recited the plan off by heart, exactly like they had gone over. "You chat up that geek while I look for Ivy. Once I find her, I go find you and we beat the shit out of that freak!" She grinned.

Joker raised an eyebrow, a smile threatening to creep up on his lips. He only just suppressed the urge to laugh. Oh Harley you'll be the death of me.

"I'm sorry, but I don't really recall the last part." He questioned, folding his arms.

"Ugh fine." Harley huffed, finally giving up any attempts of violence. "We peacefully leave then J." Joker nodded.

"And if things go haywire?" Joker didn't know what to expect when he walked into that warehouse, whether he was walking into a trap, or something else, he couldn't be too sure. What he could be sure of was that his second in command made it out of there alive. Harley suddenly looked at him seriously.

"I drop everything, get Ivy, and hotfoot it out of there. There will be a car waiting for us around the block." She said it hesitantly, not really wanting to just ditch her partner.

J this is a horrible idea. Harley thought internally. She couldn't bring herself to say it though. She felt like she was already indebted to him, guilty almost for making him go to such lengths just to find her girlfriend. Not that Harley wasn't grateful she just didn't want Joker to get hurt.

"That's the plan," Joker concluded. Both nodded and decided to go through with it. Harley asked Joker the time which he replied with a quick and grim.

"12:30 let's get out of this rain."

******🐧🐧🐧

The Joker walked at a quick pace, wanting to be in the rain no longer. He huddled under the shelter of the warehouse by himself, standing in front of the door he breathed in heavily.

"Showtime." He whispered to himself. He raised his fist to the door, tapping on it with three quick playful knocks. He waited at the door, feeling a sense of uneasiness in his stomach. His heart was beating faster than usual, underneath his gloves his hands were sweating up a storm. It wouldn't be far off to say he was nervous. Very nervous to say the least.

Get a grip. You've been in worse situations. Joker thought trying to control his nerves. But what exactly did he have to be nervous about? He was the leader of Gotham's mob for god's sake! He had been shot at by rival gangs, caught multiple times, and put in Arkham only for him to escape a week later, heck he was even in a cat mouse game with the dark knight! Saviour of Gotham city, the shadow that every criminal feared. So what exactly did he have to fear? He and Scarecrow had no problems, for the most part, they had even worked with each other when it came to more sophisticated plans. But that was a long time when they had a history together no doubt, but history wasn't just all it was.

God this is gonna be awkward, try not seeing your ex-partner for six whole months and now he suddenly kidnaps your best friend girl. Joker mused. This definitely not going to be a fun soiree.

Almost immediately after that thought the door of the warehouse swung open. The loud creaks and bright light snapped Joker away from his thoughts. He swallowed hard and dug his hand into his pocket, ready to pull out his pocket knife if he had to.

"Hello J, good to see you came." Scarecrow greeted as stood in front of Joker. He was alone, no weapon in hand. Just a grin on his face, he motioned for Joker to come in. Joker didn't take his hand out of his pocket but his tenseness did ease up seeing Scarecrow not armed.

"Come on inside, get out of the rain." Scarecrow instructed. Joker didn't hesitate. He entered the warehouse, quick to scan his surroundings. There seemed to be no guards or henchmen of any kind. Just crates of old medical equipment that either had been stolen for or left unopen. There were many doors leading to other rooms and there was even a stairway leading up to what the Joker thought was the roof.

Ah, A good escape route. The warehouse was brightly lit, very clean as if someone had cleaned it up themselves. And not very ominous. If I wanted to kidnap someone I wouldn't bring them here. Joker noted.

"Your clothes they're wet." Scarecrow said abruptly noticing the puddle around Joker. Joker looked at the floor, staring at the puddle around him, he shrugged.

"I wanted to go for a late-night run." He smiled innocently.

"A run at this time, and in this weather?" Scarecrow looked at Joker bizarrely, he just sighed not even wanting an answer.

"What?" Joker grinned, "never ran in the rain before, Mr. psychologist?" Scarecrow simply shook his head and smiled.

"You're crazy." He laughed, but of course, both of them knew this. "Speaking of crazy where's miss Harley Quinn?" Scarecrow questioned suddenly. The clown bit his lip looking around.

"She has other matters to attend to." Joker said distantly. Scarecrow looked at him suspiciously, sensing the undertones of those words meant something more. He didn't say anything, for now. He nodded but kept apprehensive. He didn't really believe that the clown prince of crime really left his little Jester behind but he wanted to resolve this situation in the least violent way possible. If Harley was here somewhere, he would deal with it later.

"Well I'm guessing you didn't come to talk about the weather did you know J?" Scarecrow asked. Joker shook his head, his facing turning suddenly serious.

"I came for business."

"Then let's get to it." Scarecrow insisted. Joker walked behind Scarecrow who was leading to another room, his full trust was in the hands of a man he wasn't so sure of but for Harley he was willing to do anything, so he just had to go through with this.

In front Scarecrow walked, a small smirk plastered on his face. Joker had come, Harley was nowhere in sight and all his weeks of research was finally completed.

The pieces are fitting. He smiled inwardly. All the parts of his plan were coming together.

******🐧🐧🐧

On the other side of the warehouse, far from the main door, Harley lurked. She stood on top of the roof right in front of an open window that she had found minutes before. Just as the plan instructed she followed Joker into the warehouse however through a separate route, evading Scarecrow's gaze to make sure the plan went smoothly

"Showtime." She whispered. She slid her legs through the window first, once she felt a solid surface she let the rest of her body go through the window. Now fully in the warehouse, she scoped out her surroundings, it was dark but not dark enough that she couldn't see. The moonlight in the sky illuminated the room quite fairly she could make it she was on a stairway.

Alright, let's try to make so much sound. Harley walked down the staircase trying not to make as much sound. Whilst tiptoeing her eyes were on the prowl for anything threatening.

Seems to line up. Harley thought not noticing any real imminent danger. She walked around the room alert and with anticipation, nothing out of the ordinary seemed to jump out at her. The room was just mostly filled with crates and old forklifts, pretty normal stuff for a warehouse.

Let's try another room. She hurried out of this room entering another only to find more boxes and crates, once again she searched only to be in vain. Though Harley was practically running around the warehouse she made sure to be careful, avoiding the main room which she was certain Scarecrow was lurking in. Harley ran up and down her surroundings not finding a trace of Ivy or anything that wasn't medical.

This is getting old, real fast. She complained rather annoyed. Harley scrunched her eyebrows, she was slowly beginning to think Ivy wasn't in the warehouse at all. Maybe Scarecrow had deceived them, maybe Ivy was hurt. The thought sent a chill up Harley's spine, it was a scary thought. Harley was quick to push it away.

No point in worrying about that crap! After what seemed to be an eternity she strolled towards a door that looked vaguely different, one she hadn't recalled seeing at all. The door was silver and with a metal latch, there was a small hazard warning symbol engraved on it. Much more different than the other doors. Harley gulped taken aback.

What would it lead to? Another empty room? A trap? A torture chamber?

"God I swear if this room has nothing." She muttered bitterly. With one hand she swung the door open, in the other hand her bat was firmly held, ready for any possible ambush. She took one step through the door, her eyes widened upon seeing what was in the room.

"What in the good sugar plum baby?" Harley exclaimed rather shook.