48 - JEALOUSY

One morning the Joker was lying on Bruce's bed. He had no particular reason to be there he was simply struck with boredom and wanted to escape to it with the company of his boyfriend.

Bruce was on the other side of the bed, tenderly stroking the teenager's hair.

"Guess what?" He said, his voice had broken the continuous wave of silence

The younger man got up from the spot he lounging in. "What?" he asked lazily.

"We're going out tonight." The older man announced.

"Really?" This seemed to pique the Joker's interest. "Which restaurant?"

Bruce smiled thoughtfully. "Not exactly, it's a party."

"A party huh?" The teenager was rather excited by the notion. I've never been to a party with Bruce before.

"Tonight will be the annual Gotham destitution fundraiser. It's a charity ball being held by one of Wayne's enterprise's investors, I was hoping you would come with me." Bruce said hopefully.

It was an event he had been in attendance for years since he was one of the hosts, until now Bruce had never had an actual guest to go with, let alone a date, occasionally Alfred would tag along but he stopped after how bored he found it to be. But since it was tonight and Bruce had a boyfriend and a cute one at that there was no way he would be passing along the opportunity of a date.

The Joker's face dropped, the excited glint in his eye vanished.

"Let me see, a party with rich old white folks where they sit around and compare their wealth while stroking one another's ego? "I'll pass."

He turned away from Bruce and went back to lounging, no longer interested. I want a fun night out, I don't want to talk about the stock exchange.

Bruce frowned. "You haven't even gone. How do you know it'll be like that?" He was surprised by the Joker's lack of enthusiasm.

"Just a hunch." The Joker replied with his eyes closed.

Bruce inched closer, he was staring down at the teenager. "Come on you have to go." Bruce had thought it all out, there were no risks.

"I don't think so Brucie." The Joker snorted.

"I promise, it won't be as boring. It'll be fun. Just please don't let me go alone." Bruce had resorted to begging.

The Joker just smiled as he opened his eyes. "So, you just wanted me to come so you wouldn't be bored? How selfish Brucie." He sat up, arms folded as he shook his head.

"Okay, you caught me that's one of the reasons." The older man admitted. Wiping my ass is more fun than going to these charity balls.

"But that's not the only reason," Bruce said quickly. "besides that I also wanted to you know... Show you off." He added, his voice was a mixture of pride and shyness.

The Joker suppressed the giddy feeling in his stomach.

"Aww that's sweet but if you show me off the FBI will come knocking on your door." He was amused by the lengths Bruce was going just to convince him even if it meant criminal conviction.

"Please you have to come with me. Don't you want to get dressed up? Go out to an actual party?" Bruce said suggestively. "I know how much you love getting dressed up."

"I would but, that's a lot of people and it's not particularly my crowd. I'll stick out." The teenager explained.

He wasn't exactly the type you would bring around the rich elite. The rich and elite were the life Bruce was accustomed to, the Joker could only feel disconnected from the people that were meant to be like his boyfriend. He found them to be boring and stuck up, lacking any flavor or Panache to their characters, and when it came to this charity ball he knew it would be absolutely flavorless. There was no way he was going.