29- CLOSE

"Are you alright?" Joker asked, he was clicking his fingers, standing in front of Batman as he examined his stoic face.

Bruce frowned subconsciously, staring at the teenager, today he felt no energy nor any feelings of great pleasure. The feeling shame and disappointment had yet not subsided, it had had lingered, following him throughout the day and affecting his interactions. He felt guilty for even being around the Joker, lounging around with the teenager, when he should of have been telling him the truth. But Bruce couldn't face the truth, not yet at least. Telling the Joker of his failed experiment was unorthodox, there was no certain reaction Bruce could anticipate.

Will he be angry? Will he be sad? Will he stop talking to me? All plausible theories that scared the hero, Bruce had built up so much just to talk to the Joker, he did not want to ruin it now. I can't tell him not yet. For now, Bruce would indulge in these moments, little moments of peace and smiles he and the clown shared.

"Yeah I'm alright." Bruce lied, forcing the front of calmness.

Joker tsk'ed. Clearly, you're not. He thought. Batman was exhibiting strange behaviour, even for someone who was known to be dark and brooding, he was flatter than usual, the Joker even considered him to be less fun.

"You sure? You've been distant all day." Joker spoke with concern, hoping Batman would at least tell him what was wrong.

"I have?" Bruce said pretending to be oblivious of his own behaviour.

"Well yeah, it's made me concerned." Joker admitted, Batman's mood being down and low spirited made him worry. Batman was a strong man, who never let anything under his skin but when it did it must have meant something was wrong. "What is it?" He asked gently

Bruce felt himself smile a little at the concern of the teenager. "It's nothing just inconveniences about being the Batman."

"Wanna talk about it?" Joker offered. Batman shook his head, there was no way he could explain his troubles without revealing his failure.

"No, I don't want to worry you." He dismissed. Joker rolled his eyes, hands on hips. How very chivalrous of you Batsy.

"You're human, you know that?" He remarked.

"What?" Bruce looked at the Joker with confusion.

"Your human, you big idiot! You go through things and it's okay to tell other people." Joker explained. Bruce huffed, turning away from Joker, he just wanted to drop the issue. What do I have to do to get him to stop?

"Same goes with you." Bruce said coldly, his back turned towards the clown, cold energy radiating from him.

Joker sighed, standing behind Batman "I do open up to people, if you-"

"Opening up doesn't mean telling people what your favourite colour is!" Bruce snapped, referring to their previous conversation.

"I guess it's not." Joker said softly, "what do you want know about me then?"

Bruce was quick to look back "Excuse me?"

"You're curious I can tell." Joker explained. He had taken no offence to Batman's anger; in fact, he could understand. Until recently anyone who had tried to get to close or understand the Joker was met with hostilities and anger, but with time and the help of a certain butler he had realised that people asked because they cared, because they wanted to help.

Maybe if I tell him about me, he might have tell me what's bothering him.

"You would let me ask you everything?" Bruce poked at the idea cautiously. Joker hesitantly nodded, though it would be very hard.