24- THE BAT AND THE CLOWN

Bruce opened the curtains slowly, revealing the daytime, cracks of light entered my room. The sunlight hit his face, it provided warmth. He lapped it up eagerly, wanting to rid his body of tiredness.

"Morning." He breathed optimistically. Bruce inhaled deeply, refreshing his lungs, and rejuvenating himself for the day. Bruce felt surprisingly energised, he had received the adequate amounts of sleep and he was feeling rather well. His dreams had ceased to be of disappointment and guilt and now they returned to normal. Though he was still in constant internal battle of turmoil Bruce felt a little better. Bruce looked outside the window, the sky was blue and clear, the weather looked nice, the day was nice. Bruce sighed with relief. No work today and no meetings, no problems in Gotham so far. Everything was aligning somehow.

Bruce turned away from the window and stretched, limbering himself up before he lightly jogged out of my room and down the stairs. Hopefully, Alfred isn't still mad at me. It would be a nice bonus to this already have a civil conversation with the butler, Bruce also wanted something to eat, he had been feeling Alfred's wrath in more way the one. The butler had stopped cooking for him and since Bruce knew nothing about cooking, he was immensely suffering.

"Alfred?" He called out, entering the kitchen. Bruce walked around the room but found no traces of Alfred. He's not here? He was ready to leave and enter another room but then something on the table caught his eye. Bruce walked up to the table, he picked up a note that lay there, almost immediately seeing his name that was written in big letters.

Dear Bruce,

I've gone out to by new supplies of things and I will be back soon if you were wondering where I went.

P.S This doesn't mean I'm talking to you, it's just a note.

Bruce rolled his eyes, after reading the note; he could just imagine the passive aggressiveness in Alfred's voice. "Of course." He sighed. Alfred was still very much peeved. Bruce could only shrug it off, this note was a sign of progress, though very condescending, it was still progress.

What am I going to do now? Bruce looked through the pantries, raiding the fridge and other cabinets, he was disappointed to find that was no food which had been prepared or could at least be microwaved.

"Tsk." He exclaimed in annoyance, for he knew not of how to make his own meals. I'll guess I'll have to wait for him to get back.

Bruce was soon wandering around the manor again, boredly lazing about until he found himself in his study. He stood in front of the piano that marked entry to the bat cave. I don't know when Alfred's going to be back. Bruce thought. I do have nothing to do. Bruce looked around, he was out of possible ideas of what to do.

Maybe I should go down there. With nothing to do, he decided it would be a somewhat great idea to integrate and get as much information as he could from the Joker now. His first interrogation had gone smoothly, his investigation of the Scarecrow could be closed now, however there were things Bruce still needed to know.

I guess I have to go down there.

*********🐧🐧

The Joker sat up, awake and alert. He was stretching his arms out, only a few minutes ago he had woken up. Another day stuck here. He thought coaxing himself out of sleep. He wasn't feeling that negatively about his situation anymore, he was hopeful that he would be out of here soon.

I have nothing to do. The Joker was ready to go back to sleep when he saw Batman approach him, Joker peered around trying to find a hint of Alfred. He couldn't see him behind the Dark Knight. I guess he's not here. Joker did feel a tad bit of uneasiness since the mediator wasn't here, but he was confident enough within himself to face Batman without the help of Alfred. Besides he what's the worst that could happen?