25- HE'S KINDA CUTE

"You look nothing like I expected underneath all that makeup."

What did he mean by that? The Joker questioned. He sat with his legs crossed and hands in lap. His mind was racing as he faced quite an emotional dilemma.

The events of yesterday were acting out in his head, their conversation constantly on loop. Batman was frequently on his mind and he couldn't tell why, it seemed that him and Batman's conversation had left quite an imprint in his mind. It made him feel a certain way, it was the only think he could think of. Joker found himself over analyzing every little word, facial expression, and gesture of the Dark Knight.

"I'm full of surprises." The confident reply of the Batman accompanied by the grin made the clown's stomach tangle in knots, his mind went fuzzy and he couldn't help but awe at the fact hero had laughed in front of him.

I made Batman smile! Joker thought proudly, he felt as if he achieved the impossible. But on the other end of the spectrum the clown was rather concerned for himself, he knew he was crazy but this time he really believed he was insane.

Why do I care? It was just a conversation, why am reading so into this?? His care and constant invasive thoughts of the hero made him question his rationality. The Joker couldn't understand why such a normal discussion left him feeling so jittery. Am I normal? What is wrong with me? I can-

"Jack!" The Joker felt a sudden nudge and a voice creep into my ears. That snapped his attention, causing him to stir from his thoughts.

"Huh?" He muttered. Alfred was staring at him. He looked up at Alfred who was calling his name. The butler stood in front of him, hands on his hips whilst waiting. Looking rather impatient as if he had been waiting for centuries.

"Finally, I've been trying to get your attention." Alfred grumbled, the butler had wasted 10 minutes talking to himself, believing that the teenager was listening. He had only realized the clown was elsewhere when he glanced over at him, noticing his zoned-out face.

"Oh, sorry." Joker smiled apologetically. Alfred examined the boy, noting that he was constantly slipping in and out of conversations since he had come down to see him.

"You've been quiet all morning." Alfred stated, "Did something happen with you and Batman?" Alfred asked. He recalled yesterday walking into the bat cave, and the two men were just staring each other, not speaking a single word. Alfred had found it weird.

"NO!" The Joker yelled a little too quickly and defensively. Alfred's suspicion only increased.

The Joker laughed awkwardly. "I mean he didn't do anything, we just talked." He stated, trying to play it off. It wasn't really a lie, but it didn't feel like the truth either.

He didn't do anything to me, but it felt like he did. Batman's influence, his words, they had done something alright.

"I'm fine Alfred." Joker claimed, "anyways what were we talking about?" The teenager asked as he changed the subject.

"We were arguing whether or not you could sing." Alfred reminded. He had been trying to get the clown to sing ever since he had found out that the Joker was a music connoisseur.

"No way!" The Joker exclaimed. stubbornly.

I never sing in front of anybody.

********

It was hard for Bruce to usually concentrate in meetings, he had become very skilled in droning out the useless chatter and only focusing on the important parts. But today Bruce found it especially hard since his mind kept wandering elsewhere.