6- MR.JOKER?

Unusual things had happened in the many decades of Gotham, odd occurrence weren't uncommon in such a big city, they happened to be documented frequently. Whether it was paranormal activity, a clown running the mob, or the Sunday train not being full, it as fair to say the list never ended. But today would be the day that two of my most bizarre phenomena's unfolded.

The first one was when the Joker was awoken from his slumber at a time he never thought he would, and quite frankly a time he never had woken up on. The second shock would come later, a shock that truly snuffed out the clown prince of crime's laughter.

Joker mulled out of bed, sitting up, blinking, and looking confused. The sudden urge to depart from sleep had overcome him, he had abruptly awoken and now was peering around, eyes half-open, brain barely functioning in a dark room.

What in the world? His brain buzzed from the grogginess. It wasn't to say he wasn't tired, no no he was very tired but he no longer felt the capacity to sleep. Turning and looking around he found familiarity in the darkness of the room, his eyes adjusted. He recognized the room to be Ivy's spare room, which he stayed the night at frequently. Ivy must have bought me here.

I wonder what happened last night? Joker pondered, not remembering a single event that had gone down last night. Joker turned to the nightstand, eyes widening as he saw the time.

8:00 AM? No damn way! Joker read the clock again. Maybe his mind was playing tricks on him that was not the case, for the second time the clown blinked the same had not even changed.

I must be dreaming? There's no way I've ever woken up at a time like this. Despite being an agent of chaos, he wasn't exactly the best one or thought out, Joker's schedule devised of waking up at around 4:00 PM or later times, and gathering the mob at 6:00, so to wake up at a time like this was beyond strange for him. Joker just sat in the bed for at least 20 minutes, he contemplated going back to bed but decided otherwise. A light gurgle was forming in his stomach, Joker felt sick and lightheaded he didn't really feel like staying in bed especially when he felt like shit.

I need a Xanax or something! Joker thought, getting up from out of bed. He had only placed one foot on the ground when he felt his knees wobble beneath him.

"Whoa!" He exclaimed grabbing onto the bed before his knees gave. He frowned soon after, not at his jelly-like legs, frankly, he was used to that. According to himself, he had the "body of a skeleton." He didn't exactly take the best care of it but the difference in his voice was what put him off. It was flatter and weirdly higher, nothing like his normally deep voice.

"Noooo." He groaned, "I can't be sick." Though hearing his squeaky voice didn't help. He touched his head trying to feel a fever, his forehead was definitely hot alright, it was scorching. Joker rubbed his forehead again feeling a lack of powder or foundation.

"Must have taken off my makeup." Joker muttered, he composed himself squashing the thoughts of sickness, he really needed to get ready. Walking into Ivy's bathroom he yawed stretching his contorted skinny body, whilst stretching Joker felt weird. He didn't know whether his mind was playing tricks but he could have sworn he felt lighter. He paid no mind, for it was the norm for him. Must have lost weight again. Joker walked into the bathroom eyes closed he felt around already knowing most of his surroundings. He made his way to the mirror tiredly, he turned on the tap eyes still closed, splashing a little water on his face. He avoided looking in a mirror because he thought if is his feeling like shit for whatever he did last night he must have looked like shit as well.

Joker quickly grabbed his toothbrush putting toothpaste he decided he would brush his teeth in the shower. He hopped in continuing his sloppy morning routine. As the hot water hit his back, it made him feel some less like shit but he still felt horrible. Joker wondered if it was a hangover but ruled it to be too stupid.

No, no, I don't even drink. He remembered. must of been some heck of a night to get me like this. It had taken Joker twenty minutes to shower and thirty to find something that wasn't women's clothing in Ivy's closet, all the while in those 50 minutes Joker had managed not to look in any mirrors or at himself.

Joker walked out of his room and into the kitchen.

"Ivy?" He called out, no answer came so tried yelling Harley but it was just the same response. Joker t'sked feeling annoyed until he saw a little note on the table.

J:

Me and Harley are out right now. Harley went to go get you food, I went to deal with mob business on your behalf. We won't know when we'll be back, but it won't be too long. If you're feeling sick again I have some Advil in the cupboard, if it gets worse like last night call Harley immediately!

Sorry for taking off your makeup last night but I had to because you were sweating up a storm.

Ps: Last night was crazy I never did get the chance to thank you so thank you.

Ps: Let's never do that again LMAO

sincerely, Poison Ivy

After reading the letter Joker only had more questions on his mind than he did at the start. For one he still couldn't recall the events of last, he felt restricted as if there was a part of his brain that he needed to unlock secondly. What was so crazy? Why couldn't we do it again? How sick was I last night? He remembered nothing of last night or why he felt like this way, all he knew was he was at Ivy's place. He always stayed at Ivy's when he was too far from home or couldn't make it home himself.

Second was there any food in the house? His stomach rumbled many times whilst reading the letter, he needed to eat and needed to eat now. Joker didn't worry too much about the other content in the letter, Ivy was reliable enough to deal with the mob herself and the makeup thing he didn't care for, all that was on his mind was how hungry he was. The clown had found it funny how quick his mood changed from annoyed to hungry, he didn't question though.

Joker rummaged through the cupboards, taking out whatever food he could. He licked his lips happily finding: eggs, bacon, bread, muffins, and a jumbo bag of Costco hot dogs.

"Now that a king's breakfast." He cooked the eggs, bacon, and bread first, devouring them almost instantly. I feel like I could eat a whole antelope! He thought. He smacked his lips eating away. At the back of his mind, he had never felt this hungry usually a coffee would last him but his hunger just could be satisfied, another change about him he couldn't help but notice.

He decimated the muffins in one gulp and moved to put cook the hot dogs, waiting for the water to boil. His stomach growled, almost as impatient as he was.

"How long does it take to cook damn hot dogs?" Just as he had said that he heard the door swing open. He stayed in the kitchen assuming it was the girls.

"Pumpkin is that you?" He called out.

"Yeah, it's me J." Harley confirmed, "hey Mr. J, you still sick? Your voice sounds funny." Harley noticed the high pitch and difference in her partner's voice, shuffling around in the apartment she set her groceries down and locked the door behind her. Joker was still facing the stove, staring greedily at the hot dogs.

"Yeah, I don't feel so good." He admitted. Harley listened to his voice, fascinated more by it than his sickness. Is it just me or does his sound different? People had different voices when they were sick but this sounded nothing like J. She hurriedly picked up her groceries and walked into the kitchen, setting the bags down on the table. Harley noticed a large amount of food on the table. She was surprised, Joker had cooked let alone eat this much.

"Hungry huh?" She grinned unpacking the groceries. The Joker who was now prodding the hot dogs, back still turned to her, nodded.

"You would not believe it." Harley chuckled at the comment. Something you have to see to believe.

"So got any juice?" Joker asked. Harley took eyes her eyes off Joker momentarily scrounging through he bags, Joker took his eyes away from the hot dog and finally turned to Harley, looking at the groceries. It was at this moment that things completely changed, at the stroke of luck when the clown had decided to turn to around, facing his female counterpart. And because of this moment, the strangest occurrence to ever happen in Gotham's history finally happened.

"Yes, I've got apple juice." Harley smiled playfully, she had the apple juice in her hand when she looked up, her smile disappeared, shock filling her face.

What? What? What? What? The question was just racing in her mind. Confusion and a slight bit of fear filled inside her. Joker looked at her raising an eyebrow.

"What?" Joker asked. Harley let out a feared sequel, the apple juice glass was released from her grip. it landed on the floor, it smashed into thousands of pieces, that somehow woke her from he trance.

"MR J!???" She screamed half scared and half shocked. Joker looked at her, confused, and a little fearful since she was fearful. Has Harley finally lost her marbles? Joker went to say something but was interrupted by Harley's screams.

"J!" She yelled. "yo- your, y-your young!"

"Young?" Joker repeated, eyebrows furrowed. Harley shook her head, over and over again. No, no, no, no this can't be.

"Harley, what are you talking about?" Joker yelled frustrated. Harley took a step back, hand on mouth. She looked like she had seen a ghost.

"Young." Was all she could utter. Joker growled fed up with Harley's rambled nonsense. He walked to the bathroom, tired of her shenanigans he looked in the mirror.

What does she mean you- The thought was cut off short. Sure enough, what he saw shocked him as well. His mouth fell agape, thoughts racing in his mind. Harley was right, he was young.

More specifically he looked like his adolescent self