50- THE TRUTH COMES OUT.

This can't be, this can't be. Scarecrow was frothing at the mouth, breathing heavily at the sight of the newspaper in front of him. He blinked numerous times, even taken off his glasses multiple times to see if his eyes weren't deceiving him. He would remove them then adjust them but no matter how many times he repeated the act the image and text remained. It was all still the same.

"Bachelor and billionaire turned menace after inciting a fight at his own charity ball."

The newspaper's front page was decorated with bold letters and markings, showing off its new and edgy headline. Usually, Scarecrow never cared for the Gotham publication, he never cared about the news or media, but after seeing the name and the photo he couldn't put the paper down.

The article detailed: "Bruce Wayne, billionaire, and son of Gotham was caught in a brawl with Mr. Harvey a Rival; business owner. Witness says that Mr. Wayne approached the other man and attacked him suddenly, the altercation became more intense as security was called to break up a fight, that's when three individual joined, jumping in to defend Mr. Wayne. The three individuals were later identified, two of which were Wayne's enterprise's workers Nancy and Nate, and a young man who seemed to be a guest of Mr. Wayne by the name of Jack Napier.

The fight went on for quite sometime before security was able to break it up, but by then the damage was done. Mr. Harvey sustained a concussion and went home with tome broken bones. Mr. Wayne and his associates were escorted off the premises. Police are still trying to figure out how such a violent display had occurred at such a peaceful party and what could have caused Bruce Wayne to go nuts."

Scarecrow had read the article a dozen times. His eyes skimmed the paper, he took in every detail, every word but still the story made no sense.

In particular, one thing stood out from the rest. A name, a face, and a photo that was horrifyingly familiar. His eyes never tore away from the photo at the bottom of the article. A teenage boy, with bronde, had his middle finger stuck at the camera, his clothes ruffled and face angered.

But to Scarecrow it was impossible, it was physically impossible for a photo like this to exist. The boy in the photo couldn't exist, not at this point in time. He couldn't be there, he couldn't exist at this time. This photo was a paradox. It was not meant to exist.

"The date," Scarecrow mumbled. "It was taken a few days."

But it can't be.... This but can't exist right now.

"And are you sure this newspaper agency is liable?" He questioned, the man behind him, he didn't dare tear his eyes away from the paper, the fear of insanity was killing, perhaps it was just an image he had conjured from being alone all this time. Had he finally reached the brink of madness? His mind was screaming for him to run but he could not bear not to look away.

"Yes, its publication proceeds it, and these photos were only taken a few days ago," Henchman confirmed. He had initially found the paper, reading it only for his amusement but when his boss had taken a particular interest, he had to research it more.

There was a pause before he asked a question. "Sir, may I ask why are you so concerned with Bruce Wayne?"

"It's not him I'm concerned with!" Scarecrow snapped. I couldn't care less about that obnoxious billionaire!

He disregarded Bruce, paying no attention to him, instead, his eyes signaled out a boy with brownish and blonde hair and familiar chocolate brown eyes.

Scarecrow sighed. "You may go now." He ordered. His irritation was on the rise along with his confusion. He needed to be alone.

There was no way he could explain to the guard, heck he couldn't explain it to himself.

The henchman said nothing, his curiosity died down. The door creaked, closing gently. Footstep disappeared down the hall, Scarecrow exhaled.